Carrier Account Manager
The Carrier Account Manager will serve as the primary point of contact to the carriers and will be responsible for building relationships, measuring performance and driving service improvements. They will represent C.H. Robinson to the carrier. This role requires strong integration with the customer account team and owns the relationship with carriers and warehouses. To be successful in this role the individual must possess strong relationship building capabilities, strong communication skills, a broad understanding of customer requirements, service metrics and transportation industry.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain and grow relationships with carriers, including conducting business reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration.
- Ensure that specific customer load requirements are met on committed and/or ad-hoc shipments.
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
- Gain understand of carrier’s strategy/
- Manages carrier rates, lane bids and maintains master rate file.
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality.
- Act as carrier escalation point to assist with the resolution of any open issues and implementations.
- May participate in procurement projects including, but not limited to: data extraction, analysis, formatting and presentation of rates and data related to pricing requests.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent customer-facing experience required.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Fluence in a second European language is an asset.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with freight forwarding required.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Flexible, able to think out of the box and strong team worker
- Ability to identify, understand and execute based on market trends and pricing strategies.
- Ability to build strong internal/external relationships and work in a team environment, while also delivering individual results.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.