Corporate Key Account Manager
What’s the opportunity?
As Key Account Manager, you will be responsible to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with our strategic, pan-European and global, clients. Your main focus will be developing business for European truckload transportation, but your scope may also expand into other services and divisions of CHR. You will manage a set of large accounts with the primary objectives to build strong relationships and continuously identify customer needs and growth opportunities, while representing the client’s and CHRs long-term interests. On a daily basis, you work closely with the branch network to manage service level expectations; use data and implement routines to monitor and proactively manage the account’s service, quality and business development.
While serving as the link between the client and internal teams, you are responsible to drive 3x3 relationships development locally, regionally and at Corporate/HQ level. You are part of a highly competent team of Customer Shared Services, based in Amsterdam. You will report to the Commercial Director, Europe Surface Transportation.
- Actively manage business development opportunities and sell all CHR’s services to multiple levels/divisions in the client’s organization
- Organize internal resources to create solutions that bring value to the client and drive process improvement and business growth
- Develop relevant relationships across multiple levels of the client organization to understand their priorities and strategic objectives
- Proactively analyze and influence the branch network to improve or maintain service, quality, and operational excellence
- Design and implement procedures in the network for service, quality, reporting, and account management routines
- Analyze and appropriately communicate account trends using company data repositories and industry sources. Provide senior management summaries of account health and growth
- Perform regular account reviews, with internal and client stakeholders. Ensure appropriate business review routines are in place at all levels of the relationship
- Act as the escalation point and corporate liaison for the client, CHR network. In Europe and globally
- Support branch account representatives with developing local relationships. Coach others on best practices related to account management
- Bachelor/master level in logistics, business administration, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant commercial experience in the logistics/transportation industry
- Strong understanding of the European international truckload market is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Natural in establishing and managing relationships, with varying levels of stakeholders
- Comfortable leading meetings and group discussions and speaking in public
- Self-starter, able to think, plan, and act independently
- Commercial and service oriented. Keen sense for business development
- Fluency in English is required. Additional European languages are beneficial
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and flexibility to travel (up to 30% of time)
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.