EDI Business AnalystApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
C.H. Robinson’s Managed TMS® Services are provided through the TMC division. TMC provides customers with expertise and technology that drive both immediate and sustained cost savings throughout their transportation networks. Core components of this service include Six Sigma-based process engineering, advanced TMS technology and TMS power-users, who serve as an extension of the customer’s staff. In our Managed TMS customers often retain control of transportation service provider selection, transportation service provider contracts, and rate negotiations. TMC is a global division of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. with offices in Chicago-USA, Amsterdam-The Netherlands, Shanghai-China, Mumbai- India and Wroclaw-Poland. Over the past 15 years, TMC has exceeded customer expectations for savings, productivity, supply chain improvements and carbon footprint reduction.
Today, TMC has over 400 employees, $3.4 billion in freight and we have been around for 17 years.
We seek a highly motivated, and uniquely creative, software/EDI Business Analyst to join our European Implementation team. This role requires a highly motivated person, who is looking for a challenging and rewarding environment that has an entrepreneurial culture in which creativity, personal initiative, team collaboration, and fun are promoted.
We provide a full suite of electronic data exchange solutions including message management, transformation, routing, security, and monitoring. Our goal is to provide solutions that minimize manual effort, reduce total operational costs, and increase the speed of TMC’s global logistics operations. You will
work in a demanding and exciting environment that is creative, detail-oriented, and absolutely vital to the success and strength of the company.
What will you be doing?
- Lead mid- to large-sized electronic integration projects
- Collect, review, analyze, evaluate, and document business and system requirements
- Work with technical leads, programmers and developers to translate requirements into system designs
- Create test plans, test cases and do functional testing
- Actively coordinate the user acceptance testing, defect and issue tracking processes related to integration with customers and internal partners on validation of data and functionality of applications
- Establish project scope and effectively manage scope utilizing change control processes
- Address issues and mitigate risks, communicate status to business, IT Management and other teams that are impacted by the project
- Estimate and build project schedules and drive to successful completion on-time with high quality
- Contribute toward development of tools, methodologies, and presentations for TMC Implementation
- Assist with managing queue of MyQ tickets for CIS and Implementation groups
- Ensure compliance to SOC process
- Proactively maintain an understanding of TMC business practices
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in a dynamic environment
- Possess solid communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Effective management of schedule and time on multiple active and pending projects
- Displays ‘team first’ strategy by focusing on learning from team and sharing with teams
- Able to multi-task and keep stakeholders informed
What are we looking for?
- At least 3 years’ experience in an analytical role in an IT or business environment
- Experience with logistics or supply chain will be advantageous and is strongly preferred
- Experience with delimited flat files, XML, EDI X12, EDIFACT, iDOC, and other standard data exchange formats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills specifically the ability to take technical details and make them understandable to non-technical internal and external facing individuals
- Advanced process mapping skills preferred
- Proven ability to quickly learn new enterprise custom applications and functionalities, and apply to electronic integration setups
- Ability to think strategically and detail-oriented
- Effective documentation skills
- Accepts accountability and highly motivated
- Highly skilled analyst (able to see the story in the data)
- Highly efficient in Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint Ability to demonstrate ROI awareness
- Must be a strong facilitator; adept at running meetings with end users, elicitation and management of business requirements, and balancing priorities
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Should be a self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and use basic SQL,
- Agile, Lean and SDLC knowledge and experience will be advantageous
- Experience with implementing in-house ERP systems
- Working knowledge of SaaS, SAP, and/or Oracle
- Familiarity with communication protocols (API, AS2, FTP, VAN, web services)
- Occasional travel may be required (ability to travel internationally up to 10% of time)
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.