Engineering Product Manager
We are looking for an Engineering Product Manager to join our European IT team based in our Amsterdam office. We have an entrepreneurial culture that promotes creativity, personal initiative, team collaboration, and fun. We are making a large investment in a highly strategic part of our business. We are looking for dynamic individual contributors to help us deliver on that investment. If you are highly motivated and ambitious, ready to make a direct impact on our business and looking for a challenging and rewarding environment, you are looking at the right opportunity!
We design, develop and deliver intuitive web, smartphone, and windows based applications leveraging advanced and cutting edge technologies. We deliver full suite of products and services used by our internal and external customers, carriers and various supply chain partners across the globe to manage their day to day transportation needs. Our applications are critical and vital to C.H. Robinson's global operations and its continued growth and success.
The individual will be expected to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities. You will work on several projects at the same time, ensuring that the applications we produce are of the highest quality. This is an important, demanding and highly visible role. The individual is primarily responsible for driving the quality of the product while ensuring the product conforms to both functional and non-functional requirements. You will collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers to plan and execute quality assurance activities throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. This position requires an extremely organized, efficient and effective individual who feels a real sense of ownership of each project.
The position is responsible for accurately gathering, consolidating, analyzing and documenting business rules and detailed requirements. This role will include covering scope, time, cost and delivery of highly visible projects. The work is considered critical and vital to C.H. Robinson’s worldwide logistics operations and its continued growth and success.
- Collect, review, analyze, evaluate and prioritize business and system requirements in collaboration with the product owner, business stakeholders, architecture and the development team
- Verify product quality through coordinated system to system testing in addition to user acceptance testing
- Manages business and technical risk areas and ensures that test plan covers requirements. Executes test cases and prioritizes resolution of defects. Leads cross-team coordination and UAT
- Light project management activities such as planning, stakeholder communication as timelines changes, coordination of efforts across multiple teams, and risk/issue mitigation
- Review completed development work with the product owner, stakeholders, and users as necessary before release into production
- Learn and grow within an Agile team and continually deliver value to the business
- Collaborate with other IT teams in building cross-functional solutions that integrate with other services and modules
- Contribute to the success of the team through collaboration, connectivity, and the ability to inspect and adapt to changes
- Proactively maintain an understanding of C.H. Robinson's business practices
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in a dynamic environment
- At least 5 years of experience in information technology of which 3 plus years in an a Product Management role delivering IT solutions in an agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills specifically the ability to take technical details and make them understandable to non-technical individuals, and be able to give effective presentations
- Ability to think strategically and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Accepts accountability
- Highly skilled analyst (able to see the story in the data)
- Advanced process mapping skills
- Highly efficient in Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate ROI awareness
- Must be a strong facilitator; adept at running meetings with end users, gathering and managing business requirements, and balancing priorities
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Should be a self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- An undergraduate degree in business administration, computer science/software engineering, management information systems.
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.