Intern - Logistics
C.H. Robinson is a non-asset based freight forwarder, meaning that we do not own any transport assets such as trucks, airplanes or trains. Our main investments are people and technology. Since people are our focus, opportunities for advancement are always coming up. There is plenty of room to grow. As you work hard to achieve your goals, you’ll be in a premier position to seize new opportunities.
This particular internship will be at TMC, one of the four C.H. Robinson divisions. TMC provides customers with expertise and technology that drive both immediate and sustained cost savings throughout their transportation networks. Core components of this service include Six Sigma-based process engineering, advanced TMS technology and TMS power-users, who serve as an extension of the customer’s staff. In our Managed TMS customers often retain control of transportation service provider selection, transportation service provider contracts, and rate negotiations. TMC is a global division of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. with offices in Chicago-USA, Amsterdam-The Netherlands, Shanghai-China, Mumbai- India and Wroclaw-Poland. Over the past 15 years, TMC has exceeded customer expectations for savings, productivity, supply chain improvements and carbon footprint reduction.
When you walk in the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
- Gain exposure and understanding of basic transportation management principles
- Become involved and participate in daily transportation tasks including: sourcing new carrier relations; execution of transport; problem solving; negotiations
- Gain understanding of industry trends and company initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Final year University Student or Graduate
- Candidates are preferably pursuing a degree in Logistics Supply Chain Management or related field
- Available as of February 2020 for a period of 6 months (full-time)
- Fluency in English (French, German, Italian or additional languages will be an asset)
- Enthusiastic, dedicated to the challenge of helping other team members
- Self-motivated and well-rounded
- Strong detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to handle sensitive information while maintaining high degree of confidentiality
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.