Intern - Service Delivery MSFT Cloud EMEA
- Job ID
- Kabelweg 37, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, 1014 BA
C.H. Robinson is a non-asset based freight forwarder, meaning that we do not own any transport assets such as trucks, airplanes or trains. Our main investments are people and technology. Since people are our focus, opportunities for advancement are always coming up. There is plenty of room to grow. As you work hard to achieve your goals, you’ll be in a premier position to seize new opportunities.
This particular internship will be at TMC, one of the four C.H. Robinson divisions. TMC provides customers with expertise and technology that drive both immediate and sustained cost savings throughout their transportation networks. Core components of this service include Six Sigma-based process engineering, advanced TMS technology and TMS power-users, who serve as an extension of the customer’s staff. In our Managed TMS customers often retain control of transportation service provider selection, transportation service provider contracts, and rate negotiations. TMC is a global division of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. with offices in Chicago-USA, Amsterdam-The Netherlands, Shanghai-China, Mumbai- India and Wroclaw-Poland. Over the past 15 years, TMC has exceeded customer expectations for savings, productivity, supply chain improvements and carbon footprint reduction.
Today, our TMC division has over 400 employees, $3.4 billion in freight and we have been around for 18 years.
When you walk in the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
To get a better picture of our internships, check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pGHGozKwM
- Gain exposure and understanding of basic transportation management principles
- Become involved and participate in daily transportation tasks including: sourcing new carrier relations; execution of transport; problem solving; negotiations.
- Gain understanding of industry trends and company initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Provide professional response to customer’s and transportation service provider’s requests for additional information on topics like shipment tracking and financials
- Daily operational focus in a dynamic environment
- Responsible for running reports on daily shipment activities
- Search for spot market capacity when market is challenging for customers
- Proactively monitor and follow-up on daily operations
- Execute and respond to changes submitted from the customer in a timely and accurate manner (notify transportation service providers, reschedule appointments, etc.)
- Collect, sort and distribute operational information to the internal team
- Final year University Student or Graduate
- Candidates are preferably pursuing a degree in Logistics Supply Chain Management or related field
- Fluency in English. French, Spanish, German or additional languages will be an asset.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated to the challenge of helping other team members
- Self-motivated and well-rounded
- Strong detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to handle sensitive information while maintaining high degree of confidentiality
- Internship duration is 6 months
- This is a paid internship
- After successful internship job contract can be offered.
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- Compensation includes a monthly salary and bonus based on personal, team performance and business growth, along with additional benefits
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.