Learning and Development Intern
C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. With over $20 billion in freight under management and 18 million shipments annually, we are the world’s largest logistics platform, and thanks to our growing and multi lingual network, we are one of the leading road transportation and freight forwarders in Europe. Our multimodal transportation management system in combination with our expertise enables us to deliver smarter solutions for our more than 124,000 customers and 76,000 contract carriers and empower them with our information advantage for improved businesses outcomes.
Join the 15,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
We are currently looking for an Learning and Development Intern to join our Team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
L&D Team in Amsterdam supports the European network through the design of various learning solutions, courses and tools in support of business objectives across a variety of areas such as operating systems, sales, account management, service lines and other areas as needed. As an intern you will support the team with a broad scope of the L&D activities with emphasis on developing and maintenance of the existing & new learning portfolio. You will get a chance to work with various stakeholders & advise on the best ways of sharing the knowledge across variety of job families. This internship will allow you to gain experience & guidance with the broad scope of activities within the L&D department with European scope – from ELearnings to classroom trainings as well as various tools used to enable these activities.
- Support L&D Team with the changes to the existing & creating new learnings basing on existing and the new content
- Support L&D team on related projects i.e. ROI, Training Evaluation, Research
- Support with admin & reporting
- Work with Facilitators on preparing classroom trainings and materials
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree program preferably in the area of HR/Psychology/Training
- Strong computer skills: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with creating e-learnings is a pre however not required
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional European languages as French or German will be an asset
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with minimal direction
About the internship:
- Internship period: 6 months – 2-5 days per week (duration & frequency as well as start date to be discussed)
- Standard internship allowance
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.Career opportunities and workplace:
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.