Logistics Lead (Carrier Management)
The Logistics Lead (Carrier Manager) will serve as the primary point of contact to the customer’s carriers and will be responsible for building relationships, measuring performance and driving service improvements. They will represent the customer to the carrier. This role requires strong integration with the customer’s team, the internal TMC customer account team, and owns the operational relationship with the customer’s carriers. To be successful in this role the individual must possess strong relationship building capabilities, strong communication skills, a deep understanding of service and cost metrics, the transportation industry, and detailed project management skills.
- Collaborate to create performance improvement plans to carrier and track improvement to plan
- Work to continuously improve carrier management processes
- Publish and interpret carrier scorecards and service metrics
- Act as carrier escalation point to assist with the resolution of any open issues
- May participate in procurement projects including, but not limited to: data extraction, analysis, formatting, and presentation of rates and data related to pricing requests.
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent carrier manager experience required
- A minimum of 2 years in Procurement, Carrier Sales, Transportation, Logistics, and/or Supply Chain required
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional facilitation skills including but not limited to relationship management, presentation, documentation and accountability
- Should possess strong root cause and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of the Supply Chain industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with various levels within customer organization (both written and verbal)
- Excellent hold of the English language (written and verbal)
- Ability to identify, understand and execute based on market trends and pricing strategies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint & Project
- Up to 25% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.