Logistics Representative (German Speaker)
As a Logistics Representative you will coordinate customers’ transportation activities. You will communicate with carriers to ensure that they comply with the agreements made with customers. You and your team are constantly working on improving services by conducting detailed transportation analyses and by providing insight into carriers’ performances. Additionally, you will be challenged to come up with creative solutions, improving daily operations and realizing cost savings.
- Build relationships with customer contacts to execute day to day transportation needs
- Proactively monitor, manage, and follow-up on shipment daily exceptions
- Manage service failures with transportation service providers and work with customer to resolve any potential issues
- Identify cost savings opportunities (route guide optimization, order consolidation, lead time compliance, etc.)
- Provide prompt and professional response to customer's requests for additional information
- Hit tactical and operational KPI targets (Quality and Productivity Metrics)
- Strong willingness to be committed to customer and division
- Manage reconciliation of weekly financial reports
- Responsible for running and improving reports on daily shipment activities
- Identify and implement operational efficiency gains
- Execute and respond to changes submitted from the customer in a timely and accurate manner (notify transportation service providers, reschedule appointments, etc.)
- Collect, sort and distribute operational information to the internal team
- University degree in the area of Logistics or Business
- Preferably 2-3 years of work experience in European Logistics
- Fluent in English and German, any other European languages are a great asset!
- Willingness to create and adhere to process and plan
- Ability to solve problems in an effective and efficient manner
- Ability to think creatively and being flexible
- Ability to work in a stressful, team oriented, and fast-paced environment
- Friendly, customer-service attitude
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented and strong communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.