Office Manager - EU
- Job ID
- Teleportboulevard 120, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, 1043 EJ
For our HQ office in Amsterdam Sloterdijk, we are looking for a confident, fully-engaged, service oriented Office Manager. You will work closely with another colleague and support the management team together.
As Office Manager, you must work well in a dynamic environment with high demands around a broad spectrum of responsibilities. You have hands-on mentality and desire to deliver a consistent service and are a highly organized individual with proven tools and processes to keep the office and the executive team running efficiently.
As Office Manager, you have demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple projects, successfully prioritize multiple tasks with good judgment, initiative and follow-through and have ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement and willingness to take on new challenges. Moreover, you are able to have a high output of work with limited errors/flaws and understands the scope of the business and effectively links that knowledge to the work he/she does. Lastly, as Office Manager, you will exercise maximum discretion with all types of information that you come in contact with
- Phone coverage – answering all direct and forwarded calls to Amsterdam HQ, forwarding them on to colleagues in- and outside the office, answering questions whenever possible
- Greeting visitors – offering refreshments, answering questions and contacting the colleague who they are visiting
- Post and packages – handling all incoming and outgoing post, allocating office invoices, handling bailiff requests and notifying colleagues, creating courier packages, importing and exporting job fair and marketing material and stand equipment
- Kitchen – monitoring kitchen and topping up coffee, tea and condiment supplies as necessary
- Supplies management – ordering and unpacking office supplies, keeping tidy stock/supplies storage and monitoring existing supplies. Supplies include kitchen supplies, fixed telecom equipment, parking subscriptions, key passes, furniture and stationary items etc. Making appointments and contacting suppliers relating to such supplies
- Prepare arrival new employees – coordinating furniture and fixed telecom supplies and needs for their first day
- Admin support to HR with new hire contracts
- Managing visitor parking places and access administration to external parking garage
- Pool car administration – handling car keys calendars and green books, checking kilometer registration, explaining rules to pool car users
- Monitoring cleaning company – contact with cleaning company, handling questions and requests for cleaning of office, annual evaluation of cleaning company
- BHV/Emergencies – providing help and information when first aid is necessary, evacuating the building during fires or other calamities, monitoring the first aid supplies, coordinating repairs and resets of office during and after calamity
- Repairs management – contacting and coordinating repairs of office space and equipment when necessary. Coordinating maintenance and upkeep outside office hours if colleagues working hours would be disrupted by noise or maintenance men
- Building contacts – maintaining contacts with building service people for general upkeep of building. Preparing and attending bi-annual building meetings
- Office checks – frequent/multiple daily checks of office for general order and cleanliness
- Other suppliers – maintaining contact with suppliers. Manage them appropriately and make sure they perform well at reasonable costs
- Support with filing legal department
- Assist the Learning & Development department with organizing in-house trainings (travel arrangements and other logistics)
- Arrange all on-site and off-site meetings and events as needed by executive team, including: travel, accommodation, meals, meeting space, audio/video equipment etc.
- Schedule quarterly meetings/calls and other meetings/conference calls as requested
- Calendar management – work with management to keep calendar up to date and proactively plan or adjust meetings as needed.
- Travel management – travel requests provided within 24 hour period. Determine individual needs of the executive when booking hotel, air, car rental etc. to provide most efficient transportation options.
- Miscellaneous requests from management
- 1 to 3 years of related experience required
- Advanced written & verbal communications skills in English
- Fluent in other EU languages is a plus
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize with little direction
- Attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong collaborator and team player with a high level of discretion & confidentiality
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.