Operations ManagerApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The Operations Manager is responsible for designing and executing an operational strategy in support of the overarching strategic road-map for the customer or a range of customers. In this role you serve as the key escalation point within account operations and drives continuous improvement efforts internally and externally. You will be responsible for service improvements, cycle time optimization to meet working capital targets, customer financial savings and ensures proper process and financial controls are maintained for the customer. The Operations Manager leads a team of operations talent and is expected to guide and support their professional development. You assist and provide the Account Manager with customer account(s) planning, staffing, budgeting and recommending and leading any changes to methods of operations within the account(s).
What will you be doing?
- Grow Profitably
- Develop an operational strategy in support of the Strategic Account Business Plan across account(s)
- Identify customer improvement and value added savings opportunities with Account Manager
- Understand the account(s) Profit and Loss Statement
- Articulate TMC's services and value to support business development as necessary
- Global capabilities
- Work with internal and external leadership to align TMC’s technical and operational capabilities to - customer’s goals and requirements
- Develop management routines to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify efficiency and productivity gains and work with required resources to implement
- Champion TMC's project based delivery model
- Customer Relationship
- Serve as the key customer contact for account operations, performance and operational strategy
- First point of escalation for all operational opportunities within the account(s)
- Maintain and build relationships with day to day customer contacts
- Ensure operations team has resources required to execute operational strategy
- Create tactical and operational targets to measure performance of team
- Lead, coach and mentor operational personnel
- Assess and improve the capability of each team member
- Foster a continuous improvement culture that is representative of TMC's values
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree required (a blend of education and applied work experience may be considered)
- 3 + years supply chain industry experience is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years with direct or indirect supervisory experience is required
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Collaborative and adaptive leadership style required to be successful in this role
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to design, develop and deliver presentations for internal and external audiences
- Demonstrates skill of managing internal and external customer expectations
- Comprehensive understanding of operational excellence methodologies
- Proven track record for delivering continuous improvement results
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to pick up new complex information systems quickly
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects efficiently and effectively with superb attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Travel Requirements: Up to 15% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.