Project ManagerApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
C.H. Robinson’s Managed TMS® Services are provided through the TMC division. TMC provides customers with expertise and technology that drive both immediate and sustained cost savings throughout their transportation networks. Core components of this service include Six Sigma-based process engineering, advanced TMS technology and TMS power-users, who serve as an extension of the customer’s staff. In our Managed TMS customers often retain control of transportation service provider selection, transportation service provider contracts, and rate negotiations. TMC is a global division of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. with offices in Chicago-USA, Amsterdam-The Netherlands, Shanghai-China, Mumbai- India and Wroclaw-Poland. Over the past 15 years, TMC has exceeded customer expectations for savings, productivity, supply chain improvements and carbon footprint reduction.
Today, TMC has over 400 employees, $3.4 billion in freight and we have been around for 17 years.
For our TMC Office in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Project Manager within the Implementation Team. This team is a group of implementation specialists located in the TMC Headquarters in Amsterdam, whose primary focus is to support new (and existing) customer Implementations, TMC customer account teams, and managing/resolving eBiz/EDI issues and Incidents. Your role will be managing TMC Implementation projects from conception to go-live & support (sales to operations). This includes scope definition, requirements gathering, process mapping, prioritization, testing and deployment. Further, you will be required to effectively lead and manage meetings (internal and with customers) both in person and over the phone in addition to following up as needed with minutes and actions.
What will you be doing?
- Participate as a member of the TMC EMEA Implementation Team
- Lead and facilitate project meetings
- Document and share meeting notes conducted as part of project execution
- Build rapport with project team and customer stakeholders
- Successfully execute the TMC Process Transformation Methodology, including:
- Document customer expectations for TMC
- Capture the current processes of the customer
- Document the results of the Implementation Survey
- Document & contribute to the design of Future State
- Create process maps
- Document changes in roles and responsibilities
- Identify opportunities for process improvement to increase productivity for all constituents (customer, carrier, supplier, customer’s clients, and TMC)
- Contribute toward development of tools, methodologies, and presentations for TMC Implementation
- Identify the need for allocation of resources within assigned projects
- Collaborate with TMC project team
- Maintain project plans including all deliverable dates and resource requirements
- Track and report project financials (budgeted vs actual) for allocated resource hours and billings
- Oversee progress of project team resources, including functional support groups
- Successfully transfer knowledge to Operations Team as documented throughout project lifecycle
- Provide support to Operations Team during Go-live
- Provide support as necessary to TMC Sales Team
- Ensure compliance to SOC process
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Transportation experience
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems or complex information systems preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, but not required
- 2+ years project management experience preferred
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Should be a self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- Exceptional facilitation skills including but not limited to relationship management, presentation, discussion, documentation and accountability
- Effective documentation skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and pro-active
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Visio preferred but not required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working directly with customers
- Flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required)
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and deliver presentations for internal and external audiences at all levels
- Ability to collaborate effectively with subject matter experts internally and externally at all levels
- Up to 30% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.