Regional Account Operations Manager (4PL)
C.H. Robinson’s Managed TMS® Services are provided through the TMC division. TMC provides customers with expertise and technology that drive both immediate and sustained cost savings throughout their transportation networks. Core components of this service include Six Sigma-based process engineering, advanced TMS technology and TMS power-users, who serve as an extension of the customer’s staff. In our Managed TMS customers often retain control of transportation service provider selection, transportation service provider contracts, and rate negotiations. TMC is a global division of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. with offices in Chicago-USA, Amsterdam-The Netherlands, Shanghai-China, Mumbai- India and Wroclaw-Poland. Over the past 15 years, TMC has exceeded customer expectations for savings, productivity, supply chain improvements and carbon footprint reduction.
Today, TMC has over 400 employees, $3.4 billion in freight and we have been around for 18 years.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for the long-lasting relationship with the customer(s) and ensures overall customer satisfaction, cultivates trust and creates alignment of executive level customer contacts. Additionally, the Key Account Manager is accountable for delivering results through strategic account business planning and owns driving the customer value proposition. This includes gathering and translating the VOC, identifying opportunities, developing the customer improvement road-map, budgeting, staffing and execution through standardized project management methodologies. Also, the Key Account Manager leads a team and is expected to guide and support their professional development. They own the operational performance of the team and lead Operational Excellence.
- Grow Profitably
- Managing top and bottom lines of the account or their portfolio of accounts
- P&L / Financial management of the account including expense management
- Maintaining up to date revenue projections
- Manage accurate resource allocation
- Global capabilities
- Championing TMC’s technical and operational capabilities to customer’s goals and requirements
- Manage customer expectations and requirements and anticipate future needs
- Develop collaborative strategic plan(s) reflecting both the customer’s and TMC’s future visions
- Advocate and utilize TMC's project based delivery model
- Customer Relationship
- Align both internal and external business functions to support long term strategic plan
- Develop initiatives and drive execution projects to support customer and TMC’s value propositions within the global goals for the customer
- Independently own the regional relationship with the customer while keeping leadership and peers informed on progress
- Idealize, develop, and execute region Specific Plans that are nested within the global plan for the customer
- Develop rapport and maintain relationships with executive level customer contacts
- Ensure execution of operational excellence and serve as an escalation point
- Align with customer on business management processes and planning cycles
- Understand industry trends and apply to customer strategy and business
- P&L optimization
- Develop and manage talent
- Responsible for acquiring and retaining talent
- Foster a continuous improvement initiatives that is representative of TMC's values
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience, in a supply chain operations environment
- Direct supervisory experience is required
- Presentation experience with internal and external key decision makers
- Demonstrated experience in consultative and strategic sales
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrates skill of managing internal and external customer expectations
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and/or Logistics industry
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in any other EU language
- Strong people management and talent development skills
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.