(Senior) IT Business AnalystApply Now
What’s the opportunity?We are looking for an IT Business Analyst (Senior) to join our IT BA team based in our Amsterdam office. We have an entrepreneurial culture that promotes creativity, personal initiative, team collaboration, and fun. We are making a large investment in a highly strategic part of our business. We are looking for dynamic individual contributors to help us deliver on that investment. If you are highly motivated and ambitious, ready to make a direct impact on our business and looking for a challenging and rewarding environment, you are looking at the right opportunity!
We design, develop and deliver intuitive web, smartphone, and windows based applications leveraging advanced and cutting edge technologies. We deliver full suite of products and services used by our internal and external customers, carriers and various supply chain partners across the globe to manage their day to day transportation needs. Our applications are critical and vital to C.H. Robinson's global operations and its continued growth and success.
The individual will be expected to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities. You will work on several projects at the same time, ensuring that the applications we produce are of the highest quality. This is an important, demanding and highly visible role. The individual is primarily responsible for driving the quality of the product while ensuring the product conforms to both functional and non-functional requirements. You will collaborate with the business analysts and developers to plan and execute quality assurance activities throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. This position requires an extremely organized, efficient and effective individual who feels a real sense of ownership of each project.
The position is responsible for accurately gathering, consolidating, analyzing and documenting business rules and detailed requirements. This role will include covering scope, time, cost and delivery of highly visible projects. The work is considered critical and vital to C.H. Robinson’s worldwide logistics operations and its continued growth and success.
What will you be doing?
- Collect, review, analyze, evaluate and prioritize business and system requirements in collaboration with the product owner, business stakeholders, architecture and the development team
- Verify product quality through coordinated system to system testing in addition to user acceptance testing
- Manages business and technical risk areas and ensures that test plan covers requirements. Executes test cases and prioritizes resolution of defects. Leads cross-team coordination and UAT
- Light project management activities such as planning, stakeholder communication as timelines changes, coordination of efforts across multiple teams, and risk/issue mitigation
- Review completed development work with the product owner, stakeholders, and users as necessary before release into production
- Learn and grow within an Agile team and continually deliver value to the business
- Collaborate with other IT teams in building cross-functional solutions that integrate with other services and modules
- Contribute to the success of the team through collaboration, connectivity, and the ability to inspect and adapt to changes
- Proactively maintain an understanding of C.H. Robinson's business practices
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in a dynamic environment
What are we looking for?
- At least 3 years of experience in information technology with 2 plus years as a Business Analyst managing the delivery of information technology solutions in an agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills specifically the ability to take technical details and make them understandable to non-technical individuals, and be able to give effective presentations
- Ability to think strategically and detail oriented
- Highly motivated
- Accepts accountability
- Highly skilled analyst (able to see the story in the data)
- Advanced process mapping skills
- Highly efficient in Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate ROI awareness
- Must be a strong facilitator; adept at running meetings with end users, gathering and managing business requirements, and balancing priorities
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Should be a self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- An undergraduate degree in business administration, computer science/software engineering, management information systems
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.