Senior L&D Specialist
- Job ID
- Teleportboulevard 120, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, 1043 EJ
The Senior Learning Specialist is responsible for designing, prioritizing, innovating, improving, and delivering learning programs and development initiatives to enable the business to deliver on strategic and operational objectives through skill and capability development.
Working closely with key stakeholders and subject matter experts allow this position to support business changes and challenges from a learning and development point of view. The role ensures the effective design, implementation, and delivery of regionally relevant learning plans and programs.
Senior Learning and Development Specialist will apply adult learning theory and instructional design techniques to critically assess, design, develop, deploy, and evaluate learning solutions and performance support. Core function of this position is to leverage the same adult learning principles together with business understanding to draw upon the exiting knowledge of participants, when delivering training. As well as build upon the knowledge to ensure participants leave sessions having met the learning objectives and have the ability to apply key learning in their day-to-day work.
This role provides oversight and leadership to the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of L&D deliverables. Partner with business stakeholders, HR Business Partners, members of the L&D teams and the broader HR Community to identify and align key learning initiatives with the overall strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Key point of contact for learning initiatives
- Play a lead role or project management role on complex L&D initiatives. Effectively develop and manage project plans through setting effective expectations, communications and implementation steps
- Work independently with strategic direction and support
- Understand C.H. Robinson core business. Communicate and partner with subject-matter experts and key stakeholders to assess learner and organizational needs
- Design, develop, facilitate and implement blended learning solutions that address individual and organizational needs, align with business process and systems, engage participants and positively impact job performance
- Create and manage topic relevant learning plans that meet business priorities in line with regional learning strategy, plan and priorities
- Update stakeholders with relevant information and visibly on learning progress and priorities
- Continually evaluate learning interventions and programs to ensure high quality products
- Identify and implement effective evaluation strategies, up to and including ROI
- Work with third party vendors for content creation and delivery and engage in contract negotiations
- Understand and be able to implement learning solutions that impact Team Engagement/Team Dynamic
- Deliver engaging training sessions that ensure that learning objectives are met for participants
- Represent business needs in annual L&D Planning process
- Share trends and needs with the L&D Community
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of L&D experience owning learning paths including the full learning cycle: Needs analysis, develop, design, delivery, evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience in business operations
- Experience with authoring tools such as Storyline, Articulate, Captivate, and/or other performance support software
- Knowledgeable about 70:20:10 principles of blended learning
- Global consultation and stakeholder management
- In depth project management knowledge
- Up to date on learning trends, practices and methodologies
- Strong ability to build, develop, and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent facilitation, listening, coaching, training and presentation skills
- Translating the needs of the business into effective and efficient learning solutions
- Creative Thinking
- Prioritization and Effective Time Management
- Agile Way of Working
- Consultancy, ability to communicate clearly and influence others
- Decision making skills
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.