Strategic Carrier Manager
As the Strategic Carrier Manager, you will be responsible for the growth and retention of our high care carrier base, leveraging our scale and data advantage to drive mutual value creation, maximize yield optimization and sustainability.
In this role you will be a key member of the high care team and provide overall leadership in the areas of procurement, carrier and customer relations and sensitive transportation expertise. You will lead pricing negotiations, service delivery and overall strategic relationship management for a high-end carrier base. You will be empowered to make the decisions needed to deliver the right service and develop a successful business.
You will be part of a team which is fueled by a real entrepreneurial passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless dedication to making the customer’s sensitive supply chains successful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and advocate for the full capabilities of committed carriers and actively work to leverage these services to the mutual benefit of the carrier, our customers, and C.H. Robinson
- Responsible for executive sponsorship of the largest carrier relationships including: performance, exposure to appropriate strategic products and opportunities, negotiation and financial reconciliation
- Contribute to a positive culture by setting and communicating self and team expectations and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement while ensuring high service levels and carrier commitments are achieved
- Use strategic negotiation and procurement strategies at the management and director level in discussing complex transportation and procurement solutions with carrier partners
- Drive growth, retention, and accountability with our carriers by leveraging data analytics to create value add solutions for both CHR and our carriers
- Bring sustainable innovation and support the rollout of low carbon fuels, multi-modal options, increased fill rate opportunities, and optimal route models
- Identify ways to differentiate from competitors by leveraging where the company is going, both short and long term, to drive innovation with the carrier
- Provide a macro view of industry and educates network commercial leadership on current market trends/pressures. Act as a subject matter expert to transfer knowledge within the network and our external customers
- Apply multi-faceted knowledge of market intelligence, carrier information and internal data/intelligence to identify new opportunities, provide customers with business insights, and improve mutual outcomes
- 3+ years of senior carrier management experience in a similar position
- Strong commercial skills and demonstrated ability to drive business results
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills
- Good understanding of European road, rail & shortsea transportation industry, preferably experience in high value theft targeted (HVTT) transportation
- Ability to build strategic, collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated strategic orientation, negotiation skills and business expertise
- Comfortable engaging with all levels including senior leadership, carriers, and customers
- Social competences: acts as team player and builds relationships easily (non-hierarchical attitude)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Commercial Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- Fluent in English is a must, any other European language is a plus
- Management experience in a dynamic, analytically-minded and international environment preferred
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast-moving, global organization with a ‘start-up’ environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere, which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.