Supply Chain Solution Engineer
This is your chance to align with a multinational client to meet their supply chain and logistics needs while delivering a wonderful customer experience by creating best in class solutions and project management.
In this Solution Engineer role, you will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of (sustainable) logistics solutions. You will support the Commercial Manager with understanding customer challenges, and analyzing data to create optimization scenarios, future state processes, implementation plans, and reporting. When projects are confirmed, you will manage the project implementation resources from various cross functional teams, from project conception to post-go-live care. You will typically work on 2-5 projects in parallel, for the duration of 1-6 months.
You will be part of a team which is fueled by a real entrepreneurial passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless dedication to making the customer’s sensitive supply chains successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage the customer in constructive discussions and help develop ideas and roadmaps to support the future state vision of their supply chain
- Analyze customer (transportation) datasets and processes to create dashboards, reports, and summaries of the customer’s supply chain
- Create transportation optimization scenarios to calculate performance, efficiency, and emission footprint improvement potential
- Define and document the project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with (customer) management
- Collaborate with cross-functional managers to determine resource needs to deliver projects successfully
- Bring sustainable innovation and support the rollout of low carbon fuels, multi-modal options, increased fill rate opportunities, and optimal route models.
- Identify and understand stakeholder expectations
- Manage the projects, and report out to the customer and internal stakeholders, including senior management
- Create presentation material and documents to demonstrate the solution and future state concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Supply Chain or Business-related studies
- 2-4 years of project management experience in a similar position
- Experience in supply chain solutions, operational excellence, process improvement or reporting & analytics
- Analytical mindset and passion for discovering insights in the data
- Eagerness to develop and learn from others
- Open-mindedness to different ways of working
- Self-starter, innovator, and positive team player with ability to work with little or no supervision
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast-moving, global organization with a ‘start-up’ environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere, which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.