In this role you will be responsible for managing all operational customs formalities for the Milan Customs Department. In cooperation with the team you will ensure that all customs declarations are done in accordance with the legal requirements and AEO procedures.
A pro-active approach to take initiative in improving processes within the department is an additional benefit the ideal candidate will possess.
What will you be doing?
- Assist to ensure compliance of the Milan Global Forwarding Branch for Customs Business and Intrastat Declarations in accordance with Italian Law and C.H. Robinson Policy
- Assist to ensure compliance of Italy Office for AEO certification, authorizations, permits, etc.
- Assist in managing Customs Brokers relationships
- Conduct internal audits and audits of C.H. Robinson customers to ensure compliance and be prepared at all the times for Customs visit/audits
- Ensure that all Intrastat declarations are executed properly in accordance to the Italian law and educate the customers when their documents are not correct
- Provide customs consulting services to current and potential customers as a fee-based service
- Assist to prepare/to implement Customs and Intrastat SOP’s in accordance with C.H. Robinson policies
- Works with Customs Manager in forecasting, business planning, and strategy
- Manage execution of the Customs and Intrastat Department business.
- Handling customs formalities
- Handling all sort of customs declarations in accordance with laws and regulations
- Answering customer questions and advice on operational customs matters
- Solving problems related to technical customs activities
- Active participation in self-development through training and courses
What are we looking for?
- 5-10 years of experiences as LCB
- Able to build strong relationships with customers and customs
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently is a must
- Good knowledge of Italian and English, both verbal and written
- Customer and service-oriented
- No 9 to 5 mentality
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Use and develop your language skills in our international work environment. Our offices speak over 26 European languages each day.
- Compensation includes a monthly salary and bonus based on personal, team performance and business growth.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.