Carrier Sales Representative
As an Associate Carrier Representative, you’ll play a critical role in securing the right carrier at the right price at the right time. In this position, you’ll blend a mix of sales, account management, and operations while using our industry leading technology to ensure we are meeting our customers’ and carriers’ expectations. You’ll develop and grow relationships with transportation companies, helping them to optimize their fleet, while working to solve problems along the way. As your relationships grow, so will your pay. And you’ll set up for success from day one through our comprehensive training program, designed to jumpstart your knowledge of our company, processes, and Navisphere, our global technology platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team of ambitious and motivated employees while growing your career at C.H. Robinson!
- Develop new relationships (and grow existing relationships) with carriers through lead generation, cold calling and referrals
- Build strong partnerships with key trucking company contacts, including owner-operators, dispatchers and drivers
- Leverage C.H. Robinson’s global technology platform, Navisphere, along with other resources to make informed decisions, negotiate prices, drive automation, and improve efficiency
- Support C.H. Robinson’s customer promise to provide consistent and accurate load visibility
- Reinforce carrier’s use of automation to increase automated in transit load updates
- Provide shipment updates regularly throughout the day
- Maintain high quality service by reinforcing with carriers the expectation regarding on time pick-up and delivery requirements
- Partner with carriers to identify issues and implement the best solution to improve results
- Maintain constant contact with carriers through various channels of communication – meaning an average of 75-100 touch points every day – to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements
- Provide exceptional service to our carriers and customers
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the to provide customers a clear view of their shipment status
- High school diploma or GED (required)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task and work with a sense of urgency
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively across the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Remains positive and flexible in an ever-changing environment with shifting priorities
- Detail oriented with strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.