Manager, Gateway (Air)
We have an exciting opportunity to strategically develop and lead a best in class air gateway team. As an Air Gateway Manager you will oversee service execution, financial responsibility and personnel development for the Import and Export teams. You will have direct accountability for collaborating with other teams within our network to identify and drive competitive solutions based on customer demand. You will play a key role in gateway customer retention and growth, local carrier relationships and the selection and management of local warehouse providers and pricing strategies.
- Personnel management and development of a dynamic team
- Regular Branch Meetings to discuss opportunities, goals, trends and service updates.
- Maintain an up-to-date database, inclusive of core lanes, service level pricing and carrier schedules.
- Collaboration with all relevant regional leadership and air service line management to ensure efforts are in alignment with company and regional initiatives.
- Proactive collaboration with the C.H. Robinson overseas gateway network on core lane carrier selection and performance evaluation.
- Branch P&L oversight including: creating annual budgets, goals and targets for the gateway consistent with the overarching goals of the Director, Air Services.
- Ensure carrier strategies are aligned with the Gateway operation including lane based development.
- Directly accountable to ensure the air gateway team supports business development within our global branch network.
- Working with the air leadership team to “activate the network” and promote gateway services.
- Proactively participate as part of the customer retention team with owning customer branches.
- Support route development, local and regional sales staff in tailoring optimal customer solutions throughout the region.
- Collaborate closely with the air pricing teams to ensure volume growth and optimize profitability.
- Marketing: working with corporate marketing, branches, and gateways on materials to support North America Air Services.
- Assist new business development by acting as a 'Subject Matter Expert' to the branches as it relates to air services.
- Support branches in the region through onsite visits working to enhance awareness and understanding of our capabilities as it relates to air services development.
- Creates and manages reporting functions which can track, measure and analyze performance and efficiency relative to our gateway product and services.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years experience in air freight operations or gateway functions
- Previous supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- High level of customer focused interaction with internal and external customers
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to lead, influence and manage a team of people
- High sense of urgency with the ability to work with ambiguity
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.