Operational Excellence ManagerApply Now
C.H. Robinson is looking for an Operational Excellence Manager that is passionate and experienced in developing operational strategies that help achieve organizational excellence. This is a highly impactful role and a unique opportunity to drive change management within a Fortune 250 company with an excellent reputation in the logistics industry. As a key member of the Operational Excellence team for C.H. Robinson, you will drive the execution of strategic initiatives through a Continuous Improvement framework with cross-functional/regional teams. You will also work in collaboration with the commercial and capacity teams to accelerate strategies, capabilities, and infrastructure to optimize resources (including cost of labor), drive process improvement and consistency, maximize efficiency and ensure quality.
This position will report to the Operational Excellence Director and may have external or internal resources reporting into it for project support.
- Business Process Management (BPM) leadership of strategic initiatives that maximize customer value, increase operational efficiency or increase volume throughput
- Create and implement operational strategy and planning in-line with NAST and enterprise strategies
- Identify industry issues, trends and emerging market conditions to support operational decision-making
- Facilitate cross-pollination and collaboration across the network and service lines, leveraging organizational resources
- Demonstrate strong change management capabilities to influence, persuade and implement strategies
- Frequently monitor and review aggregated, office and individual performance metrics
- Prepare operational performance reports to provide insights to leadership and employees at appropriate intervals
- Create an analytical culture to improve decision-making and drive efficiency, quality and profitability
- Monitor workload for consistent and optimal usage of resources
Process Implementation, Improvement and Control
- Overall project delivery directly or through others (e.g., internal/external resources). This will include coordinating and managing regional initiatives.
- Act as a change agent as needed for project implementation to the organization to ensure continued project delivery success, including work with business partners to ensure essential document management and communications related to business activities.
- Identify and manage risks and mitigation plans, and work to manage logistics and activities while ensuring essential document management and communication.
- Engineer processes to yield appropriate external service levels at appropriate costs, constantly optimizing resources
- Continuously remove waste, friction and frustration from operational processes
- Create mechanisms for pro-actively assessing the effectiveness of processes
- Motivate team members towards achieving established goals, maintaining a culture of accountability and execution
- Ensure offices focus on operational effectiveness and efficiency via suitable structures, roles and job families
- Champion formal training and on-going growth and development across all operations personnel
Technology Assessment and Development
- Possess and utilize a deep understanding of available tools and systems to advance processes and automation
- Drive changes needed within systems through collaboration with IT and other related resources
- Stay abreast of and implement emerging technology that can be incorporated into operational strategies
- Collaborate with business partners (across functions) to ensure successful project implementation through the deployment of PM tools, processes, and personnel.
- Manage relationships and communication between internal and external project management resources, stakeholders, and senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 6 years’ professional experience executing large, cross functional national initiatives using a continuous improvement framework within business operations (i.e. lean six sigma or similar)
- Travel 25%
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Certification in lean, six sigma and/or related methodologies
- Demonstrated strong change management capabilities with emphasis on team behavior change needed to sustain business process improvement
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization, able to motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels
- Demonstrated ability to present complex issues to higher level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions
- Intermediate to advanced competency and experience in using business data analytics to drive continuous improvement
- Project management expertise and/or certification in PMI and/or Agile methodologies
- Experience within logistics or transportation industry
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with team members, management and internal/external partners
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional teams to deliver against common goals
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing without authority
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran