Senior Sales Executive
As a Senior Sales Executive within the C.H. Robinson Global Forwarding division, you will be responsible for prospecting new customers and closing new business within the medium-large size segment. You will leverage all C.H. Robinson’s logistics services, with an emphasis on ocean, air and customs brokerage. This is a competitive sales role and will require strong persuasion skills, a growth mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will need to understand the challenges that global businesses face within their supply chains and use that knowledge to generate demand and develop tailored solutions to deliver value and support the customer’s initiatives. You will also use C.H. Robinson technology solutions to drive automation, improve efficiencies, and add value within a customer’s supply chain.
- Prospect with a "hunter" mentality via phone, internet, fieldwork, referrals, industry networking, and trade shows
- Independently identify and generate new sales opportunities
- Inside sales: contact and conduct initial discovery with customers via phone and email
- Outside sales: facilitate face-to-face meetings, present proposals and solutions, close business in person
- Collaborate internally with team on pricing strategy and account implementation plans
- Assist with account management issues after the sale, as needed
- Establish credit terms with clients in coordination with company goals and directives
- Manage individual sales funnel information regarding all prospective customers in the required format
- Sell C.H. Robinson’s core suite of services
- Review weekly/monthly sales activities and prospective customers with Management
- Engaging in self-development & training opportunities, both internal & external
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 years minimum sales or account management experience, which includes an emphasis on international air, ocean and/or brokerage services
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to sell both Inside (phone and email solicitation) & Outside (face-to-face meetings, proposals, closings)
- Strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills, and business acumen
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of a customer’s organization including C-Level
- Ability to collaborate internally with all levels of sales resources and other team resources
- Aggressive, competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Organizational skills and comfort multitasking in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to travel, as needed
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.