Desktop Support Analyst
- Job ID
- 63B Richard Pearse Drive, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand, 2022
We are searching for a dynamic Desktop Support Analyst to work in a high paced environment. Is that you?
The Desktop Support Analyst will work in a complex environment supporting C.H. Robinson's IT and technology-related business needs as part of a fun, energetic, hardworking team. The successful candidate will intake issues and requests from C.H. Robinson's internal global employee base. They will focus on restoring service to the end users using their own skills, experience and training provided by C.H. Robinson coupled with established processes and procedures.
Additionally the Desktop Support Analyst will need to understand how their role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives.
This includes understanding Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Also, how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. The Desktop Support Analyst represents the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. This includes creating knowledge and arranging training for other Desktop Support Analysts when needed.
- Troubleshoot incoming Incidents from end users via phone and tickets created via a Self Service portal
- Provide hands-on assistance to staff locally
- Troubleshoot and document incident details in an advanced Service Management ticketing tool
- Learn about C.H. Robinson’s business and the importance of IT to the business
- Learn about C.H. Robinson’s IT systems and applications and understand how they interact with one another
- Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
- Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
- A degree in a technical field or certification program
- IT experience in a corporate environment (1+ years)
- Extensive Customer Service experience
- Positive, upbeat demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creative thinker with desire to communicate and contribute
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Passion for servicing IT customers
- Passion for understanding all types of technology
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to grasp complex concepts quickly
- Persistent problem solving ability
- ITIL certification is ideal
- Industry certifications (MCSE, CCNA etc)
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community. Employees have access to Health Insurance, a Health and Wellbeing Allowance and a confidential Employee Assistance Program.
Equal Opportunity Statement
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.