Carrier Manager (Road Transportation)Apply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The purpose of this role is participation in all aspects of Corporate Carrier Account Management & Carrier Sales including but not limited to building long term relationships at an executive level, sourcing and negotiating long-term capacity and collaborating with our internal branch network, driving carrier automation. This person will be accountable for regular interaction with the branch network, customers/suppliers, in addition to conducting carrier account management, freight optimization across the network, and creating actionable capacity strategies after analyzing branch data. This position will work with the network to develop awareness of how the data and various tools can be used to capitalize on truckload growth opportunities and develop a strategy that incorporates efficient usage and expansion of our network capacity. This role will not be responsible for daily execution of freight but should have a good understanding of carrier operations.
What will you be doing?
Carrier Account Management
- Accountable to independently build carrier relationships, understand carrier’s business, and use that knowledge to provide solutions
- Cooperate with the C.H. Robinson network, to develop a multi-year strategy through business reviews with carrier’s senior leadership: reduce, maintain, or grow
- Gain understanding of carrier’s strategy/needs and create alignment with the network
- Responsible for growing automation within assigned accounts
- Train branches on carrier sales and account management practices
- Continually grow understanding of transportation industry and trends
- Establish connectivity within US Corporate Account Management team to leverage tools and experiences
- Collaborate with appropriate central office shared service teams
- Drive enterprise wide initiatives, by securing and negotiating long term contractual capacity with carriers
- Coordinate with the C.H. Robinson network to further align trade lanes to carriers’ needs
- Align C.H. Robinson client needs with the carrier solution through close collaboration with the client base
- Collaborate with the branch network to create contractual capacity strategies with carriers
- Analyze mutual trade lanes across the branch network and facilitate collaboration of multiple branches
- Conduct carrier RFPs to establish contractual capacity commitments
- Partner with BI team to analyze capacity initiatives and measure ROI of implemented strategies
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred: Master’s Degree)
- 5+ years working experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Analytical, problem solving skills, project management
- Strong detail orientation and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong focus on finding, implementing and taking care of new -carriers
- Able to coach people on Carrier management and strategic views on cooperation
- Strong negotiation & deal making skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- 30-40% travel
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.