Senior Carrier Representative
As a Carrier Sales Representative at C.H. Robinson, you will build relationships between transportation companies and C.H. Robinson customers. As those relationships grow, so will your pay! We will support you from day 1 through our onboarding program, global technology platform and collaborative colleagues. This fast-paced and high-energy role combines sales and account management to drive the industry we all count on, forward.
What does it take to be a successful Carrier Representative for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Solution Oriented
- Relationship Driven
My favorite part about working at C.H. Robinson is that I get to work with teams all across the country. I have made great connections in other offices with colleagues whom I haven’t ever met!
Carrier Representative, Portland, OR
I love that we are one of the most reputable and successful companies in the logistics industry, the office atmosphere is fast-paced and fun and that if you work hard, you’ll be rewarded.
Carrier Representative, Atlanta, GA
I like everything about C.H. Robinson! From building relationships with carriers and helping them with their business to working with team members who feel like family, I feel truly lucky every day.
Mariana Del Solar,
Associate Carrier Representative, Dallas, TX
The Senior Carrier Representative takes ownership to strategize, align resources and procure capacity for certain strategic business, dedicated capacity opportunities, as well as priority and/or committed freight (securing trucks for loads). The role combines sales, account management, and operational execution to meet the transportation needs of the customer. The Senior Carrier Representative develops and builds relationships with the carrier community in order to grow their individual business and ensure committed freight moves in accordance with customer expectations.
- Ensures committed, awarded, open board, priority and/or strategic freight moves in accordance with customer expectations by matching capacity to shipments
- Takes ownership of strategic freight opportunities.
- Engages and aligns internal resources (account management, operations, leadership) to ensure alignment, resource prioritization and participation in strategic capacity solutions.
- Secures capacity and ensures optimal execution by creating and/or executing SOPs and adhering to best in class business processes and mutually agreed upon KPI’s
- Provides day to day problem resolution; identifies issues, determines the best course of action, and implements solutions.
- Works closely with internal partners (account management, operations or leadership) on shipment updates, problem resolution and/or operational execution
- Secures capacity by balancing a healthy portfolio of committed capacity as well as taking inbound calls based on interest generated from load boards, calling carriers, negotiating rates, and making buying decisions
- Ensures capacity meets specific load requirements
- Utilizes internal pricing tools to purchase capacity within cost parameters and at market rates
- Interprets carrier analytics and leverages other tools and resources to guide informed buying decisions
- Has autonomy to source capacity and negotiate commitments with carriers for volume, lane, and/or rates in alignment with longer term and/or strategic business opportunities
- Is focused on developing alternative capacity to aligned business such as drop trailer, dedicated capacity and multi-leg movements as well as traditional coverage
- Collaborates with the service line on longer term engagements such as drop trailer, dedicated capacity, etc. in their aligned business
Internal and External Relationships:
- Maintains and grows relationships with existing carrier accounts through regular phone calls, emails and/or face to face visits
- Develops new carrier relationships by researching carriers in the marketplace, generating leads, calling potential carriers, initiating contact with key stakeholders and qualifying the account
- Based upon carrier needs, will participate and/or lead carrier account reviews either independently or with collaboration from their manager; evaluates current and future business needs, discusses recent wins/losses and identifies opportunities for additional business
- Establishes contacts and builds relationships to form an internal network of resources
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Business.
4+ years of experience in Procurement, Sales, Transportation, Logistics and/or Supply Chain
Fluent in English and Spanish, additional languages are a big pls
Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Ability to travel up to 25% (domestically and internationally)
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency
Ability to identify, understand and execute based on market trends and pricing strategies
Ability to communicate with various levels within customer’s organization (both written and verbal)
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.