Senior Manager – Business Development
- Job ID
- 95/3 Gowrasri Arcade, Marthahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, 560037
The Business Development Manager is a consultant and subject matter expert that works with the C.H. Robinson sales organization on the generation of new business and retention of existing business related to their specific area of expertise (e.g. service or mode). This role works with and build relationships with multiple groups internal to C.H. Robinson, including, but not limited to sales, account management, GAC’s, the office network, Regional Sales Directors, Customer Shared Services, and the executive team to generate leads and support the sales process for large or complex opportunities. Additionally, the Business Development Manager leads and/or participates in strategic account discussions, contract and pricing strategy directly with the office network and/or the customer directly.
- Diagnoses opportunities, qualifies leads & develops business
- Develops business by selling and closing opportunities in partnership with the office network
- Markets respective mode/service to sales and account management teams through ongoing education
- Drives growth and creates demand for the mode/service, which helps to ensure their respective region has a robust pipeline of customer opportunities
- Seeks to understand the underlying challenges of the opportunity and design solutions that address the customer’s short and long-term needs.
- Designs and implements solutions for mode/service products and services. This includes partnering with internal pricing teams and being a liaison between the mode/service and network to create pricing models and strategies
- Refines marketing strategy for respective mode/service regularly based on network feedback and external market trends
- Builds trusting relationships by acting as an ambassador of the mode/service to the network, in addition to external customers and suppliers
- Collaborates with management to proactively identify and/or resolve issues in a timely manner
- Provides industry feedback to the network on trends, pressures, and competitive evaluation of key competitors in the marketplace
- Educates and consults with the sales and account management teams on the market factors that impact pricing for the mode/service
- Educates the network on service line initiatives, vision and strategies
- Demonstrates or develops product and service capabilities and addresses detailed functional and technical questions
- Responds to network inquiries on topics related to the industry, market trends and competitive intelligence for the mode/service
- Understands how to leverage departments within the mode/service they support, other modal teams, and Customer Shared Services teams
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, in addition to a minimum of 5-8 years previous sales, operations and/or account management experience
- Technical proficiency in MS Office
- Proven ability to create and sell comprehensive solutions and service packages to all buying influences
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering measurable financial results through sales or account management solutions
- Strong strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills and business acumen
- Strong technical understanding of C.H. Robinson, modes and services, and systems
- Proven ability to develop proposal presentations in Word or PowerPoint
- Proven examples of using Excel for analysis and modeling
Your Health, Wealth, and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Group Mediclaim Policy (GMC)
Group Personal Accident (GPA) policy
Covid-19 related coverage and reimbursement
Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
Group Term Life (GTL) Insurance Plan for employees
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Investment Declaration & Flexi Benefit Plan
Variable Pay based on position
Flexible work arrangements
Paid Privilege, Casual and Sick Leaves
Paid Maternity & Paternity Leaves
Paid Compassionate Leaves
Paid Public Holidays
Paid time off to vote
Reward & Recognition Program
Special Mobility Assistance
Employee Wellness Initiatives
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Equal Opportunity Statement
C.H. Robinson recognizes the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we may invite you to complete the voluntary self-identification. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment, Any information provided will be kept confidential, and separate from your employment application. This information may be used for diversity reporting purposes in accordance with applicable local law.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.