Senior Sales Executive - GF
- Job ID
- Alameda de Mazarredo, 39, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain, 48009
The purpose and objectives of your role is to grow our Global Forwarding (international Air, Ocean & Rail) services by securing new profitable and sustainable customers for your Branch/Area.
As Senior Sales Executive, you are a natural “hunter” with constant focus on the development of new prospects in order to consistently increase your customer portfolio.
You are a solid team player, facilitating the creation of a positive team spirit with your fellow sales colleagues as well as with local Branch operations and other support functions. You are expected to bring your own contribution to your Regional team, not only by consistently achieving your new net revenue targets, but also by sharing your opinions and ideas, as well as best practices, in order to support the success of the entire sales team and the Branch you work with.
In your role as Senior Sales Executive you will report to the appropriate Country Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager, (as applicable).
Main responsibilities (the nature of the activities mentioned below is not exhaustive and may differ as the position evolves):
- Prospect, plan and conduct face to face visits with new prospective customers within your Branch territory.
- Achieve a minimum of 8 face to face / virtual customer meetings per week with potential clients, expect to be in front of potential customers 3 – 4 days per week.
- Target & secure medium to large size prospects, generating new net revenue in line with our European Global Forwarding Sales Goals & Expectations (v.2021), with a minimum of €140.000 new net revenue per annum. (full year 1)
- Maintain & develop (minimum weekly) our CRM system (Atmosphere).
- Remain engaged with customers to maintain relationship and ensure ongoing success of accounts in collaboration with local assigned Account Executive/Account Manager.
- Follow up and respond to sales leads generated by overseas offices or assigned by your Sales Manager.
- Attend training sessions created to enhance relevant knowledge and skills.
- Co-ordinate quotes with your Sales Coordinator (where applicable) and facilitate the transition of new customers to the local Account Executive/Account Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Sales industry experience within Global freight forwarding (Air & Ocean)
- Highly credible, mature individual with strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Pro-active, detail oriented and inquisitive
- Keen sense for business development with a clear “hunter” mentality.
- Develop and maintain strong inter-company relationships
- Fluency in English is required. Additional European languages are beneficial
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
C.H. Robinson’s European Global Forwarding branches are currently in the Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Poland, Romania, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Attractive compensation package based on personal performance, no cap on Sales Commission payout
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen - quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join more than +15,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.