Senior Global Forwarding Agent
- Job ID
- CR 7 N. 71 – 21, Torre B Piso 18, Bogotá, Bogota D.C., Colombia,
The Senior GFA is a key customer contact and subject matter expert in ensuring all requests & customer requirements are met and answered accurately and timely. They are accountable for their individually assigned shipments in addition to daily communication, reporting, and email management. They have the ability to influence the process of shipments from beginning to end and take ownership for their work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Understand and input applicable financial components of shipments to generate correct billing for customers
- Apply industry knowledge and critical thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
- Execute/Coordinate shipments and mentor others on how to meet all customer SOP requirements: booking approvals, processing pre-alerts, governmental filings, executing delivery, ensuring proper invoicing, etc.
- Create, maintain, and update shipments in Navisphere, ensuring accurate data
- Provide complex quotes based on needs of network
- Coach and train others on pricing strategies
- Provides track and trace service to customers and generates shipment documents
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, INCOterms, routing, dates, documents, etc.
- Builds great relationships with customers, responding timely and following up on issue resolution
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers/Agents, CHR offices, and Outside Vendors
- Act as a key customer contact and subject matter expert
- Lead by example when it comes to customer outreach, retention, and expansion
- Act as a resource and expert to the department, branch, and network on customer requirements & process initiatives
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate cross-functionally, building relationships with account management identifying client by identifying and proposing process improvement and/or consultative leads
- Monitor customer shipments trends and its impact to our processes and operations
- Ensure customer SOPs are maintained and adhered to
- Make recommendations to improve or implement technology solutions to recognize efficiencies and improve net revenue
- Provide support to Sales Executives and Account Managers for customer reporting
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3-5 years of Global Forwarding industry experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Site Specific: Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
- Extensive industry and department knowledge (process & handling, regulations, international shipping, etc.)
- Strong prioritization, multi-tasking skills, and high level of flexibility as priorities and needs change daily
- Proactive, ambitious, hardworking, and analytical mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Proven track record of dealing with customers and being client focused
- High level of attention to detail and ability to execute with 95% or higher monthly audit compliance and minimal unbillable charge
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Your Health, Wealth, and Self
Your total well-being is the foundation of our business. As you achieve, we succeed. We invest in your professional growth and development, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. Because we care about you, we offer the following competitive benefits:
Private Medical Insurance
Paid Time Off to Volunteer in Your Community
Equal Opportunity Statement
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.