As a Global Forwarding Representative – Air Export, you will have the opportunity to directly support customer supply chains by helping to move their freight efficiently and effectively. In this role you will be responsible for the operational handling and follow-up of a portfolio of air customers. You will interact directly with customers to build and strengthen relationships, coordinate cargo bookings, and conduct analysis to help customers maximize C.H. Robinson's technology offerings. This role encompasses the issuing of import transportation documents, customs, building vendor relationships, customer service to internal and external customers, agents and offices worldwide.
Our Global Forwarding Representatives thrive in a fast paced environment while working to provide best-in-class customer service and problem resolution. The Global Forwarding Representative position is an excellent opportunity to start your career at C.H. Robinson, with opportunities to grow in Operations, Sales, or Account Management.
Upon starting with C.H. Robinson, you will be enrolled in training to jumpstart your knowledge of our company and our industry, help you excel in our culture, and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, including instructor led classes, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. We want you to be more than a crucial element to our customers and carriers- we want you to be a high-performing member of our team.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with co-workers, international C.H. Robinson offices, and third-party agents to ensure efficiency, excellent customer service, and continued customer relationship development
- Handling of import orders, custom clearances and documentation
- Coordinate and mentor cargo bookings and shipment needs
- Understand and manage financial details of shipments for proper billing of customers
- Generate, file, and maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, shipment documentation, etc.
- Provide support (reporting, documentation, etc.) to internal and external customers (Sales Executives and Account Managers)
- Involved in preparation and/or attendance in customer business reviews
- Ensure adherence to customer SOPs, government agency regulations, and C.H. Robinson company standards
- Understand each assigned customer’s business model and how that applies to logistics needs
- Conduct shipment-level analysis and monitor carrier performance
- Respond to office inquiries and follow-up to ensure issue resolution
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
What are we looking for?
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar Air and/or Ocean Export role within forwarding
- Knowledge and experience with customs procedures and formalities (customs clearance, bonded transports)
- Fluent English speaker
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow up
- Established track record of dealing with customers and being client focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and using the internet
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics and or International Business a plus
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.