Business Development Manager
- Job ID
- 42 Thompson Street, Bowen Hills, Queensland, Australia, 4006
As one of the largest global third-party logistics (3PL) providers, C.H. Robinson helps organisations around the world get the products they need, where and when they need them. We are the Oceania Region of C.H. Robinson’s Global Forwarding Division, with offices in Australia and New Zealand. We bring together our team of experts to solve logistics challenges in our core services of Sea Freight, Air Freight, Domestic Freight and Customs Brokerage. Our culture is driven by our people, process and technology. We promote an atmosphere rich in customer focused execution and entrepreneurial spirit.
As part of our continuous growth and development our Oceania Global Forwarding division are now looking for an experienced and talented Business Development Manager to join our Brisbane team.
This role is based in our Bowen Hills, Brisbane office. However, a flexible, hybrid working arrangement applies. This includes flexibility with working hours.
Starting with Us
Commencement for the successful candidate would include comprehensive training and meeting the team in the region. Then they would be ready to commence the role formally.
- To grow the Global Forwarding (International Air, Ocean, Domestic, Projects and Contract Warehousing) services by securing new profitable and sustainable customers for the Branch
- Collaborate with management team to ensure alignment with branch strategies in forecasting, business planning, and pipeline development
- Work closely with our Product Development Manager to grow our presence of key strategic lanes (USA, EU, Asia)
- Communicate and ensure execution of strategies by working with local and regional sales resources and overseas counterparts
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to ensure a seamless and positive customer experience
- For larger opportunities you will directly contribute to the solution design analysis and help research the customers supply chain needs in detail in order to provide a tailored solution
- Consult with several levels of decision-makers and buying influences to understand customers’ business challenges and supply chain goals
- Ability to develop tailored solutions that deliver value and support the customer’s business strategy
- The successful candidate is expected to bring their own valued contribution to the regional team, not only by consistently achieving new net revenue targets, but also by sharing opinions and ideas, as well as best practices, to support the success of the entire sales team and the Branch they work with
- Remain engaged with customers to maintain relationship and ensure ongoing success of accounts in collaboration with local assigned Global Forwarding Agent/Account Manager
- Follow up and respond to sales leads generated by overseas offices or assigned by the Sales Manager
- Attend training sessions created to enhance relevant knowledge and skills
- Co-ordinate quotes and facilitate the transition of new customers to the local Global Forwarding Agent/Account Manager
We are looking for an individual seeking their next big opportunity who will bring the following to the role:
- At least 5 years’ Sales industry experience within Global freight forwarding (Across Air & Sea)
- Strong work ethic
- Solid Sea freight and Air freight knowledge
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Knowledge of the logistics industry, solution design, and supply chain (Experience in the Oceania region is preferred)
- Proven ability to create and coordinate comprehensive Trade lane programs
- Passionate about solving customer problems with sea freight and/or air freight solutions
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and be team focused
- Pro-active, detail oriented and inquisitive
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
A generous range of benefits are on offer for the right candidate and include:
- Remuneration package commensurate with experience, including highly competitive commission structure
- Hybrid, flexible working arrangement
- Health and wellbeing focus
- Flexible start date
- Work for a global, Fortune 200 leader in the market
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Use and develop your language skills in our international work environment
At C.H. Robinson Oceania, we are a proud Equal Opportunity employer offering flexible work to support a work/life balance along with offering a broad range of career development opportunities. We have an experienced and passionate team who work collaboratively to deliver smarter solutions for our clients. Employees have access to our well regarded, confidential Employee Assistance Program. Our Robinson Cares program allows our employees to give back to the community.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.