As the Transportation Supervisor of the capacity team, you’ll be expected to lead growth in the following areas: team mentorship and network team building, operational execution, internal sales, carrier relationship development, while contributing to a positive, healthy and efficient environment.
- Work with a team of approx. 8 to establish individual performance goals
- Take ownership of the entire load board of the branch, confirm loads/businesses in Managers absence and show leadership skills by taking responsibility of the operational part of the business
- Review goal progress with employees regularly
- Provide day-to-day coaching and feedback
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
- Understand the technology platform and drive automation
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Establishing and pro-actively maintaining relationships with management level contacts both inside and out of your organization.
- Lead and take part in ad-hoc projects.
- Bachelor or University degree or equivalent experience in freight forwarding/transportation/supply chain environment
- Prior supervisory experience and strong leadership qualities
- Fluent in English
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Technology savvy
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Analytical & process oriented
- Progressive thinker
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.