If you want to make an impact on how consumer goods, products, and food travels around the world on a daily basis, the Transportation Representative role at C.H. Robinson is for you! As a Transportation Representative, you will be developing, maintaining, and growing relationships between carriers and C.H. Robinson. Through this fast-paced, high-energy role you’ll make an impact on the European supply chain every day.
From your first day, you’ll learn to negotiate with carriers and start making decisions. Managers will listen to you and trust your instincts. Colleagues will promote your accomplishments and you will do the same for them. You will be surrounded by a supportive team that will mentor you through your development.
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and qualify new carrier relationships
Manage and execute base/mid size accounts
Focus on Transactional sales, execution and operations
Work with Carrier Portfolio based on LTL or TTL
- Identify and develop 10-20 owned carrier relationships
- Selling and negotiating spot market commitments with carriers including prospecting, cold calling, qualifying and closing deals
- Ensure that specific customer load requirements are met on committed and/or ad-hoc shipments
- Develop supply chain solutions in order to effectively support our customer go-to-market strategy
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills in Romanian and English, verbal and written
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a commercial role is a plus.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.