Carrier Business Development ManagerApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The goal of this role is to establish long-term cooperation with national and international carriers and customers, acquire and negotiate long-term transport possibilities and cooperation with C.H. Robinson network to effectively use the available and forecasted resources of the fleet. A person working in this position will not be responsible for the daily execution of orders, but should very well understand the specifics of the work in freight forwarding operations.
What will you be doing?
- Prospect for new carriers via internet, phone, referrals and networking
- Identify and generate new opportunities through analysis and discovery, understanding key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach for each
- Partner with internal team to create a solution based on customer and carrier needs, including appropriate pricing strategy, solution implementation and future customer growth potential
- Participate in face-to-face meetings to present proposals, offer solutions, and close business
- Collaborate with internal carrier management team
What are we looking for?
- Experience in working in a similar position in the freight forwarding company. It is important for us, that you have a good knowledge of the carrier market and the ability to build relationships with them
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to build relationships with representatives of carriers at all levels of the organization
- Native/proficient Hungarian, good knowledge of English
- Readiness for frequent travel
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart� training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.