Do you enjoy creating new relationships? Are you a self-starter who likes solving problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? As a Carrier Sales Representative you will work with trucking company owners, dispatchers and drivers (known as carriers) to find the right truck for the right shipment at the right time for the right price. Combine inside sales, account management, supply chain planning and operational activities.
What does it take to be a successful Carrier Representative for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Relationship Driven
My favorite part about working at C.H. Robinson is that I get to work with teams all across the country. I have made great connections in other offices with colleagues whom I haven’t ever met!
Carrier Representative, Portland, OR
I love that we are one of the most reputable and successful companies in the logistics industry, the office atmosphere is fast-paced and fun and that if you work hard, you’ll be rewarded.
Carrier Representative, Atlanta, GA
I like everything about C.H. Robinson! From building relationships with carriers and helping them with their business to working with team members who feel like family, I feel truly lucky every day.
Associate Carrier Representative, Dallas, TX
As part of continuous growth and development of our European organization we are now looking for an experienced and talented:
What’s the opportunity?
If you want to make an impact on how consumer goods, products, and food travels around the world on a daily basis, the Carrier Representative role at C.H. Robinson is for you! As a Carrier Representative, you will be developing, maintaining, and growing relationships between carriers and C.H. Robinson. Through this fast-paced, high-energy role you’ll make an impact on the European supply chain every day.
From your first day, you’ll learn to negotiate with carriers and start making decisions. Managers will listen to you and trust your instincts. Colleagues will promote your accomplishments and you will do the same for them. You will be surrounded by a supportive team that will mentor you through your development.
What will you be doing?
- Develop supply chain solutions in order to effectively support our customer go-to-market strategy
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and qualify new carrier relationships
- Ensure that specific customer load requirements are met on committed and/or ad-hoc shipments
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
What are we looking for?
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a commercial role is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in Hungarian and English
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
- Ability to build strong relationships
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
When you walk through the door at one of our branches, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization
- A fun, positive and open environment which encourages thinking outside the box
- Use and develop your language skills in our international work environment. Our offices speak over 16 European languages each day
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.