Do you enjoy creating new relationships? Are you a self-starter who likes solving problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? As a Carrier Sales Representative you will work with trucking company owners, dispatchers and drivers (known as carriers) to find the right truck for the right shipment at the right time for the right price. Combine inside sales, account management, supply chain planning and operational activities.
What does it take to be a successful Carrier Representative for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Relationship Driven
My favorite part about working at C.H. Robinson is that I get to work with teams all across the country. I have made great connections in other offices with colleagues whom I haven’t ever met!
Carrier Representative, Portland, OR
I love that we are one of the most reputable and successful companies in the logistics industry, the office atmosphere is fast-paced and fun and that if you work hard, you’ll be rewarded.
Carrier Representative, Atlanta, GA
I like everything about C.H. Robinson! From building relationships with carriers and helping them with their business to working with team members who feel like family, I feel truly lucky every day.
Associate Carrier Representative, Dallas, TX
Focused on securing capacity for loads (loads to trucks), the Carrier Representative role combines sales, account management, and operational execution to meet the transportation needs of the customer. The Carrier Representative develops and builds relationships with the carrier community in order to grow their portfolio and ensure freight moves in accordance with customer expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures assigned and open-board freight moves in accordance with customer expectation by matching capacity to shipments. Focuses on acquiring and growing auto-assigned loads to build their business. May be directed to work on specific freight
- Provides day to day problem resolution; identifies issues, seeks input from others to help determine the best course of action and implements solutions. Works closely with internal partners (account management, operations or leadership) on shipment updates, problem resolution and/or operational execution
- Secures capacity on a shipment by shipment basis by calling carriers, taking inbound calls based on interest generated from load boards, negotiating rates, and making buying decisions
- Ensures capacity meets specific load requirements
- Utilizes internal pricing tools to purchase capacity within cost parameters and at market rates
- Engages internal resources for help interpreting carrier analytics and leveraging other tools to guide informed buying decisions
- May manage an existing carrier or lane within a certain geography
Internal and External Relationships:
- Develops new carrier relationships by researching carriers in the marketplace, generating leads, calling potential carriers, initiating contact with key stakeholders and qualifying the account
- Maintains and grows relationships with existing carrier accounts through regular phone calls, emails and/or face to face visits to build a carrier base
- Based upon carrier needs, may participate in carrier account reviews with more senior level employees and/or leadership asks questions to understand current and future business needs, discusses recent wins/losses and identifies opportunities for additional business
- Establishes contacts and builds relationships to form an internal network of resources
- Drives the automation of carrier activities (automation compliance) in accordance with company strategy. If needed, engages internal SMEs to partner with in selling CHR's automation products and services
- Ensures quality expectations are met on all assigned business
- Complies with expectations as defined in internal trading rules
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Site Specific: Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a sense of urgency
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.