Manager Carrier Management
What’s the opportunity?
As the Manager Carrier Management you will be responsible for the growth and operational management of the Road Transportation branch within a start-up environment. Your focus will be to grow the business through team mentorship and network team building, operational execution, internal sales, carrier relationship development, while contributing to a positive, healthy and efficient environment.
You will lead by example and in the process motivate and engage your team in delivering high levels of service and increase financial impact. You are responsible to hire, develop and manage talent, by empowering your team combined with a hands-on and highly engaged leadership style.
In this role you will be responsible to create and execute a business plan for profitable growth. You will need to work closely with other branches in the European branch network and actively support your team in selling, account management, execution, and planning. You are empowered to make the decisions needed to service your customers and develop a successful business.
- Work with a team to establish individual performance goals
- Review goal progress with employees regularly
- Provide day-to-day coaching and feedback
- Develop carrier relationships in order to effectively support our customers
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Daily contact with carriers to determine availability and negotiate transportation rates
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and develop new carrier relationships
- Understand the technology platform and drive
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Establishing and pro-actively maintaining relationships with management level contacts both inside and out of your organization
- Lead and take part in ad-hoc projects
- 3+ years of commercial experience in road transportation industry (FTL)
- Experience in people development and leadership
- Strong commercial orientation, experience in sales, business development, and account implementation
- Excellent communicator in English, written and verbal. Fluency in and any other European languages is advantageous
- Strong strategic orientation, strong presentation and influence skills and business savvy
- Bachelor/Master degree in logistics, business administration, or equivalent in work experience
- Strong leadership qualities or prior management experience
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Analytical & process oriented
C.H. Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.