A Pricing Coordinator plays a critical role in executing the day to day expedited transportation needs of our customers, while providing World Class Customer Service. The primary responsibility of a Pricing Coordinator is providing quick pricing and effective routing options while understanding the needs of the customer. In addition, a Pricing Coordinator will be participating in and/or completing bids, day to day issue resolution, building relationships with our branch network and ensuring our branch processes are adhered to. Pricing Coordinators should be comfortable working and strategizing as a part of a collaborative team and will work diligently to drive customer retention and revenue growth.
- Actively price new and existing business focusing on mode optimization, profitability and efficiency.
- Execute and understand the business of CHR for specific customers, to include: Shipment activation, load building, routing air & ground, airline booking, event management and maintaining 20 minute response time.
- Ensure compliance with load type i.e., hazmat, International, recoveries, etc.
- Provide support to Account Managers / Business Development Managers by explaining our services directly to the customer when required.
- Partner with Account Managers to ensure account processes & SOPs are complete and adhered to.
- Learns and applies knowledge of customer workflow, preferences, SOPs, etc to meet customer expectations.
- Understands and utilizes available tools and resources to best leverage efficiency.
- Ability to articulate challenges and provide day to day issue resolution – identifies issues, refers to SOPs to determine best course of action and adhere to customer expectation.
- Ensures accurate load data to meet customer reporting expectations. Utilizes CHR systems to execute and maintain daily reporting routine.
- Mentors and / or helps onboard new pricing coordinators.
- Actively participates / provides feedback to leadership on team improvements that can lead to efficiency gain, revenue growth or higher level of customer satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year Logistics experience or equivalent education.
- Basic understanding of Logistics in any transportation capacity.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Sharepoint.
- Exceptional communication and accuracy skills.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to meet quick deadlines accurately.
- Excitement and passion about our industry, product, vendors, and customers.
- Highly motivated, ability to work and think independently, ability to multitask.
- Displays ‘team first’ attitude by focusing on learning from teams and sharing with teams.
- Knowledge of industry, market, pricing-strategy
- Quoting and Bid preparation experience
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.