Global Forwarding - Manager of Account Management
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Additional Location(s)
- Atlanta, Georgia; Charleston, South Carolina; Middleburg Heights, Ohio; Woburn, Massachusetts
The Manager of Account Management will provide coaching and leadership to the account management job family. This role is accountable for direct client interaction to support growth and serves as an escalation point to improve customer experience. The Manager of Account Management should have proven leadership skills, a strategic orientation, and the ability to collaborate across multiple levels of the organization both internally and externally. Responsibilities include focusing on process improvement and solution selling, increasing overall portfolio health, as well as improving overall team performance and results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports through both formal and informal performance management, coaching and feedback, mentoring and training including regular portfolio reviews and stand ups
- Coach team members on how to identify, develop, track and measure continuous improvement opportunities with their accounts
- Manage merit, bonus, and equity programs for assigned team to align compensation with performance results
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to forecast talent needs, establish pipeline, recruit, select and onboard qualified and diverse talent
- Own employee engagement results and implement action plans to improve culture, engagement, collaboration, and a focus on diversity equity and inclusion initiatives
- Model the C.H. Robinson leadership principles and visibly leads and supports change management
- Administer and drive intentional growth and retention through monthly account management and pipeline reviews, through utilization of CRM, and data analytics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement while ensuring account health and customer commitments are achieved, with an emphasis on increasing efficiency
- Understand and regularly review business and execution strategies, profitability, key performance indicators, and accounts receivables with account teams
- Accountable for direct client interaction to support growth, and serves as an escalation point to improve customer experience
- Provide guidance on pricing strategies including margin guidance and commitment level
- Address and understand market opportunities and trends, and how market conditions impact business performance and financials
- Actively leads and/or participates in various industry, community, and campus activities to enhance the C.H. Robinson brand
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of account management or equivalent experience
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, relationship building, problem solving, and influencing skills
- Ability to remain focused and optimistic in the face of adversity and change
- Strong leadership skills in order to motivate, develop, empower, and energize others
- Demonstrated growth through sales and relationship building and negotiation
- Strong orientation of financial acumen with an ability to apply financial and operational data to assist in making sound business decisions.
- Broad market and industry knowledge and vertical expertise (if applicable)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.