Global Forwarding Sales ExecutiveApply Now
Our Charlotte Global Forwarding office is seeking an Outside Sales Executive that may be located in Charlotte, Raleigh or Norfolk. We are seeking a passionate salesperson with experience selling freight forwarding services. This person should be highly motivated with excellent relationship-building, selling, and communication skills. The Outside Sales Executive will directly generate revenue and drive new business by managing face-to-face sales meetings with Sales Executives, building relationships, presenting recommendations for supply chain improvements, and closing sales. You will work closely with branch sales personnel, agents and management to create a highly profitable and efficient sales team. This person MUST have previous freight forwarding sales experience.
- Manage customer interactions including fostering relationships, making customer calls and closing deals
- Participate in face-to-face client meetings independently. Partnering with other sales personnel may occur at times, depending on the complexity of customer demands.
- Visit customers and potential clients within assigned territory 3-to-4 days per week
- Collaborate with manager to ensure alignment with branch strategies in forecasting, business planning, and pipeline development.
- Utilize Opportunity Management system to organize, update and keep records of customer information
- Have continuous engagement with customers to maintain close relationships and ensure ongoing success with accounts
- Demonstrate solid decision-making skills and ability to prioritize ever-changing daily tasks
- Possess advanced knowledge of logistical concepts and supply chain terminology
- Monitor inside sales coordinators’ account administration and agent activity including sourcing carriers, load building, data entry, tracking/tracing, etc., to ensure a seamless and positive customer experience.
- Consult with several levels of decision-makers and buying influences to understand customers’ business challenges and supply chain goals. Develop tailored solutions that deliver value and support the customer’s business strategy.
- Understand each assigned customer’s business model and competitive advantages
- Minimum 3 years of freight forwarding outside sales experience
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory, minimum 3-4 days per week
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and using the Internet
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field a plus
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran