Appointment SchedulerApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The Appointment Desk is responsible for managing the scheduling needs for both pickup and delivery appointments for our customers. We provide value to our customers through this service with the ability to execute high volumes and have a wide knowledge of the various scheduling needs, methods, and platforms to support our customers.
The Appointment Scheduler is responsible for supporting the appointment desk with operational tasks within the TMC Transportation Management System, general appointment desk maintenance and any additional structured work assignments required. They are accountable for completing all assigned tasks with accuracy and timeliness. The Appointment Scheduler is expected to handle any internal or external communication with professionalism and courtesy.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure appointments are scheduled for pickup and/or delivery with shippers and receivers utilizing various scheduling methods including the following:
- Phone Call
- Customer Website
- Schedule appointments utilizing the expectations and scheduling guideline processes as outlined by each customer
- Provide timely and professional written and verbal responses to customer requests
- Monitor any team mailboxes
- Resolve simple exceptions to any pre-defined processes
- Make appointment and date changes as requested by the customer within the Transportation Management System
- Run, format, and distribute any reports to the appropriate internal or external parties as required
- Contributing to projects that utilize the TMC project-based delivery model
- Other duties
What are we looking for?
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Detail Oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly and articulate phone demeanor
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly and accurately
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task based on needs of the account
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
TMC IMPACT Values
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere®, to support the world’s most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower® locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Wrocław. This Control Tower® network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit www.mytmc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran