Data Insights AnalystApply Now
The Data Insights Analyst will act as a dedicated analytical consultant and strategic data/reporting developer to a targeted, prioritized group of accounts requiring analytics as a key part of CHR’s value proposition. You are supporting the growth and success of some of the most important accounts serviced by our global network. You will play a key role in driving a customer-facing analytics strategy, which aligns with account strategies centered on transportation and supply chain improvement. You will create value-differentiating reporting and analyses, working with data beyond the numbers to empower decision makers and drive insights to make data actionable. This role requires a highly effective communicator who can successfully navigate internal and external relationships at all levels of the organization, providing analytical guidance and support for fact-based decision-making and forward-looking trend analysis. This role is unique to the CHR organization and will give you the opportunity to establish best practices to achieving successful customer facing analytics for our most strategic customers.
Chicago, 1515 W. Webster Ave, is required location for this position.
- Consult with customers and account teams to understand their goals, priorities, and why they are important
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement an Analytics strategy for driving value with data, supporting a full scope of strategic objectives ranging from tactical/operational to strategic
- Design high-level reports for customers, account teams, and corporate leadership
- Support and execute ad-hoc data and reporting requests from the account team and customer with timeliness, accuracy, and compelling visualizations
- Continuously improve the state of data and reporting: troubleshoot operational data gaps and recommend SOP’s and enhancements to mitigate gaps
- Extract, cleanse, and interpret data to identify key opportunity areas
- Foster fact-based customer interactions that illustrate the value-add of analytics
- Partner with other shared service teams and analytical peers
- Pursue ongoing personal development to adjust to evolving technology
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience required
- Experience working with SQL and R required; Python is preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience developing open source web applications (Shiny/Plotly Dash) strongly preferred
- Experience using various reporting and analytical tools and ensuring data quality.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Excel
- Organized individual with strong self and project management disciplines, including the ability to lead, facilitate, influence and organize across groups and according to timelines
- Comfortable working autonomously, but willingly seeks guidance
- Effective communicator and data/reporting/business liaison through multiple mediums
- A willing teacher/mentor who also responds positively to feedback from leaders and colleagues
- Logistics and supply-chain experience preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran