Key Account ManagerApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The Account Manager is responsible for the long-lasting relationship with the customer(s). The Account manager ensures overall customer satisfaction, cultivates trust and creates alignment of executive level customer contacts. Additionally, the Account Manager is accountable for delivering results through strategic account business planning and owns driving the customer value proposition. This includes gathering and translating the VOC, identifying opportunities, developing the customer improvement roadmap, budgeting, staffing and execution through standardized project management methodologies. The Account Manager leads a team and is expected to guide and support their professional development. They own the operational performance of the team and lead Operational Excellence.
What will you be doing?
- Managing top and bottom lines of the account or their portfolio of accounts
- P&L / Financial management of the account including expense management
- Maintaining up to date revenue projections
- Manage accurate resource allocation
- Championing TMC’s technical and operational capabilities to customer’s goals and requirements
- Manage customer expectations and requirements and anticipate future needs
- Develop collaborative strategic plan(s) reflecting both the customer’s and TMC’s future visions
- Advocate and utilize TMC's project based delivery model
- Align both internal and external business functions to support long term strategic plan
- Develop initiatives and manage projects to support customer value proposition
- Develop rapport and maintain relationships with executive level customer contacts
- Ensure execution of operational excellence and serve as an escalation point
- Align with customer on business management processes and planning cycles
- Understand industry trends and apply to customer strategy and business
- P&L optimization
- Develop and manage talent
- Responsible for acquiring and retaining talent
- Foster a continuous improvement initiatives that is representative of TMC's values
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience, preferably in a supply chain operations environment
- Presentation experience with internal and external key decision makers
- Demonstrated experience in consultative and strategic sales
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrates skill of managing internal and external customer expectations
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and/or Logistics industry
- Up to 25% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere®, to support the world’s most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower® locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Wrocław. This Control Tower® network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit www.mytmc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran