Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager is responsible for the long-lasting relationship with the customer(s). The Key Account Manager ensures overall customer satisfaction, cultivates trust and creates alignment of executive level customer contacts. Additionally, this role is accountable for delivering results through strategic account business planning and owns driving the customer value proposition. This includes gathering and translating the VOC, identifying opportunities, developing the customer improvement roadmap, budgeting, staffing and execution through standardized project management methodologies. The Key Account Manager leads a team and is expected to guide and support their professional development. They own the operational performance of the team and lead Operational Excellence.
• Managing top and bottom lines of the account or their portfolio of accounts
• P&L / Financial management of the account including expense management
• Maintaining up to date revenue projections
• Manage accurate resource allocation
• Championing TMC’s technical and operational capabilities to customer’s goals and requirements
• Manage customer expectations and requirements and anticipate future needs
• Develop collaborative strategic plan(s) reflecting both the customer’s and TMC’s future visions
• Advocate and utilize TMC's project based delivery model
• Align both internal and external business functions to support long term strategic plan
• Develop initiatives and manage projects to support customer value proposition
• Develop rapport and maintain relationships with executive level customer contacts
• Ensure execution of operational excellence and serve as an escalation point
• Align with customer on business management processes and planning cycles
• Understand industry trends and apply to customer strategy and business
• P&L optimization
• Develop and manage talent
• Responsible for acquiring and retaining talent
• Foster a continuous improvement initiatives that is representative of TMC's values
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A minimum of 6 years of experience, preferably in a supply chain operations environment
- A minimum of 2 years of direct or indirect supervisory experience is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Presentation experience with internal and external key decision makers
- Demonstrated experience in consultative and strategic sales
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrates skill of managing internal and external customer expectations
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and/or Logistics industry
- Up to 25% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.