Logistics RepresentativeApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The Logistics Representative is responsible for managing customer’s supply chain information and data within TMC’s Transportation Management System. They will act as an extension of the customer’s staff to ensure that all information flows properly and efficiently to ensure all transportation arrangements are made. The Logistics Representative is accountable for independently managing their own area of responsibility, fostering and maintaining a relationship with their assigned customer(s), and utilizing the TMC project-based delivery model to improve any internal or external processes.
What will you be doing?
• Ensuring Transportation arrangements are made for shipments by the following:
• Monitor customer load board and information flow in the Transportation Management System
• Maintaining any team mailboxes
• Performing relationship and knowledge based exception management to any pre-defined processes
• Documenting and organizing existing standard operating processes
• Learning multiple job functions within assigned team
• Facilitating customer calls and updates
• Meeting operational metrics
• Conducting TMC systems trainings to external TMC customer representatives
• Managing reconciliation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
• Making fact based suggestions on how customers can achieve their goals in utilizing TMC by understanding TMC’s value proposition
• Acting as a resource for peers and below
• Understanding and utilizing TMC’s project-based delivery model to find process improvements and cost savings within your area of responsibility and/or team
What are we looking for?
- 4 year college degree or equivalent industry experience
- Supply Chain and/or Transportation experience preferred
- Bilingual- Spanish/English preferred
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook experience preferred
- Excel experience preferred
- Information systems acumen
- Experience utilizing a TMS preferred
- Ability to think critically and solve problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to work in a team oriented and fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to an ambiguous and changing environment
- Ability to work flexible schedule on occasion
- The ability to travel on occasion (approx. 0-15%)
TMC IMPACT Values
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere®, to support the world’s most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower® locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Wrocław. This Control Tower® network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit www.mytmc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran