What’s the opportunity?
The Logistics Representative is responsible for managing customer’s supply chain information and data within TMC’s Transportation Management System. They will act as an extension of the customer’s staff to ensure that all information flows properly and efficiently to ensure all transportation arrangements are made. The Logistics Representative is accountable for independently managing their own area of responsibility, fostering and maintaining a relationship with their assigned customer(s), and utilizing the TMC project-based delivery model to improve any internal or external processes.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring Transportation arrangements are made for shipments by the following:
- Monitor customer load board and information flow in the Transportation Management System
- Maintaining any team mailboxes
- Performing relationship and knowledge based exception management to any pre-defined processes
- Documenting and organizing existing standard operating processes
- Learning multiple job functions within assigned team
- Facilitating customer calls and updates
- Meeting operational metrics
- Conducting TMC systems trainings to external TMC customer representatives
- Managing reconciliation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Making fact based suggestions on how customers can achieve their goals in utilizing TMC by understanding TMC’s value proposition
- Acting as a resource for peers and below
- Understanding and utilizing TMC’s project-based delivery model to find process improvements and cost savings within your area of responsibility and/or team
What are we looking for?
- 4 year college degree and/or 2+ years equivalent industry experience
- Supply Chain and/or Transportation experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook experience preferred
- Excel experience preferred
- Information systems acumen
- Experience utilizing a TMS preferred
- Ability to think critically and solve problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to work in a team oriented and fast-paced environment to ensure completion of work
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage projects through to completion
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule on occasion
- The ability to travel on occasion (approx. 0-15%)
TMC IMPACT Values
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere®, to support the world’s most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower® locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Wrocław. This Control Tower® network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit www.mytmc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran