The Logistics Representative is responsible for managing customer’s supply chain information and data within TMC’s Transportation Management System. They will act as an extension of the customer’s staff to ensure that all information flows properly and efficiently to ensure all transportation arrangements are made. The Logistics Representative is accountable for independently managing their own area of responsibility, fostering and maintaining a relationship with their assigned customer(s), and utilizing the TMC project-based delivery model to improve any internal or external processes.
- Ensuring Transportation arrangements are made for shipments by the following:
- Monitor customer load board and information flow in the Transportation Management System
- Maintaining any team mailboxes
- Performing relationship and knowledge based exception management to any pre-defined processes
- Documenting and organizing existing standard operating processes
- Learning multiple job functions within assigned team
- Facilitating customer calls and updates
- Meeting operational metrics
- Conducting TMC systems trainings to external TMC customer representatives
- Managing reconciliation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Making fact based suggestions on how customers can achieve their goals in utilizing TMC by understanding TMC’s value proposition
- Acting as a resource for peers and below
- Understanding and utilizing TMC’s project-based delivery model to find process improvements and cost savings within your area of responsibility and/or team
- Other duties assigned
- Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience
- Work and/or project experience in Supply Chain, Transportation, and/or Logistics desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Information systems acumen
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel experience preferred
- Ability to think critically and solve problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to work in a team oriented and fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to an ambiguous and changing environment
- Ability to work flexible schedule on occasion
- The ability to travel on occasion (approx. 0-15%)
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.