Project Manager - Carrier Relations
A Project Manager is responsible for managing and leading projects. Successfully managing projects requires excellent organization, documentation, communication skills as well as the ability to help design innovative solutions when faced with complex issues. To effectively lead a project, the Project Manager requires the ability to align with all relevant stakeholders both internally and externally. The Project Manager is accountable to gather voice of Customer, build project charters, develop the project plans, facilitate their delivery, resolve issues and escalate appropriately. The Project Manager has a proven track record of delivering projects on time and with the expected quality. The stakeholder matrix for this program is vast, with dozens of stakeholders and SME’s across multiple companies. A strong understanding of complex freight forwarding operational processes and systems will be preferred as will project management expertise in order to manage multiple customer implementations at one time. It is critical that this individual have outstanding organization and communication skills.
- Manage multiple projects within a project-based delivery model
- Maintain all project related documentation, including project plans, process flows/VSM’s, resource requirements and business cases
- Communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables; Escalate quickly as necessary
- Manage change management with all stakeholders – internal and external
- Serve as the single point of contact and be accountable for all project related activities & requests
- Deliver projects on time and on budget with quality solutions
- Offer solutions for improving our tools and processes
- Build rapport with project team and customer stakeholders
- Anticipates internal and external challenges
- Successfully transfer knowledge to other relevant internal teams as well as provide support as needed
- Leverage technical expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results
- Track and report project financials (budgeted vs actual) for allocated resource hours and billings
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required)
- Ability to travel up to 20% (domestically and internationally)
- Site Specific: Fluent in Spanish and English (written and verbal)
- Project Management Professional certification
- 3+ years Global Forwarding experience
- Basic exposure to IT electronic connectivity experience
- Work and/or project experience in Supply Chain, Transportation, and/or Logistics
- Strong communication skills: strong listener with strong facilitation skills and the ability to tell the story and connect to your audience
- Ability to organize, design, develop and deliver projects for internal and external audiences at all levels
- Ability to collaborate effectively with subject matter experts internally and externally at all levels
- Experience working and thriving in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and able to deliver with minimal oversight
- Experience working directly with customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Experience with lean processes and tools
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.