Project ManagerApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The PM is responsible for managing and leading projects. This individual should possess expertise network analysis, process implementation, continuous improvement, and change management. Successfully managing projects will require excellent organization, documentation, and communication skills, as well as, the ability to design innovative solutions when faced with complex issues. The Project Manager will be directly accountable to achieving metric targets that relate to the planning, network, and procurement sides of the business. Daily tasks will focus on project scope management and the documentation and communication of project progress. The Project Manager will be required to effectively lead and manage meetings both in person and over the phone.
What will you be doing?
- Identify cost, service, and quality improvement opportunities
- Manage multiple projects within a project based delivery model
- Maintain all project related documentation, including project plans, process flows/VSM’s, resource requirements and business cases
- Communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables; Escalate quickly as necessary
- Lead change management with all stakeholders – internal and external; Lead without authority and be confident and assertive with a willingness to challenge appropriately
- Serve as the single point of contact and be accountable for all project related activities & requests
- Deliver projects successfully, and on time with quality solutions
- Offer solutions for improving our tools and processes
- Act as a resource for peers
- Build rapport with project team and customer stakeholders
- Leverage technical expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results
- Anticipates internal/external challenges
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills: strong listener with exceptional facilitation skills and the ability to tell the story and connect to your audience
- Ability to organize, design, develop and deliver projects for internal and external audiences at all levels
- Excels in a collaborative team-based environment; ability to find, inquire about, and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to align and support them
- Experience working and thriving in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience with lean processes and tools such as value stream mapping, A3 project management, visual management, Pareto Analysis and fishbone diagrams
- Experience and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and able to deliver with minimal oversight
- Contribute to our culture focused on trust and respect for all team members, customer first strategies, and continuous improvement
- Experience working directly with customers
- Flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint & Project
- Up to 20% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
- Project Management Professional certification preferred, but not required
- Equivalent work experience may be considered
- 2+ years project management experience preferred
- Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Transportation experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems or information systems preferred
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere®, to support the world’s most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower® locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Wrocław. This Control Tower® network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit www.mytmc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran