Sales Executive (Summer 2019)Apply Now
ACCELERATE HERE. SHAPE THE FUTURE OF SUPPLY CHAINS.
As one of the largest third party logistics (3PL) providers, we help people around the world get the products they need, when they need them. We have big plans, and shaping the future takes a team as diverse as the world’s supply chains. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are energized by solving challenging problems and owning your success, join our industry leading team of supply chain experts as we drive the industry forward.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Associate Sales Executive, you’ll start your career in a 6 month rotational program that will expose you to sales, account management and operations. You will be supported by a team of trainers and business leaders as you learn about the roles through first hand exposure to the day to day work. At the conclusion of the rotation program, you’ll work with the program leaders to determine whether you’ll pursue a career path in account management or sales based on your skill sets and performance. In both positions, as your customer relationships grow, so will your pay.
If Sales is your path, your primary focus is on winning new business while managing, maintaining, and growing existing accounts. Leveraging our broad range of logistics services, you will educate your customers and implement solutions to help optimize their supply chains. From prospecting through implementation, you’ll work to initiate and close business.
If Account Management is your path, you’ll primarily work with existing customers utilizing a comprehensive portfolio of logistics services, a global technology platform, and the support of a broad network of supply chain experts to help your customers optimize their supply chain. You’ll identify and sell innovative solutions and services to drive continuous improvement and help our customers work smarter.
Learn more about the Sales Executive and Account Manager positions by watching these videos:
Go Further In Your Sales Career (video)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Find new customers and drive new sales opportunities by identifying key decision makers, determining the appropriate approach for each
- Develop an effective strategy for uncovering and progressing opportunities to create efficiencies, drive continuous improvement, and sell C.H. Robinson’s service offerings
- Create solutions based on customer needs utilizing our vast portfolio of logistics services
- Build strong relationships with customers by staying in constant communication to ensure day-to-day and long-term needs are met
- Ensure customer commitments are met, working with internal teams and executing operational tasks, as needed
- Leverage our global technology platform, Navisphere, to provide data driven solutions that add value and efficiencies within the customer’s supply chain
- Leverage analytics and market intelligence to design strategic solutions and help customers solve their supply chain challenges
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and C.H. Robinson service offerings
- Deliver a positive customer experience through proactive communication, leading sensitive conversations and providing timely responses
- Collaborate and build trusting relationships with your teammates across C.H. Robinson
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree
- Passion for sales and building customer relationships
- Ability to build and grow customer relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and analytical ability
- The ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others
- Driven, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and results focused
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Agile and adaptable to change
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Start here. Accelerate here.
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran