Senior Product Manager (Software Engineering)
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
The technology team at C.H. Robinson is looking for a versatile, highly motivated, tech loving and customer focused Senior Engineering Product Manager. C.H. Robinson offers a wide range of transportation modes and services across the global. These modes and services have different pricing strategies and needs depending on the market, industry, and region of operation. This specific position will own the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the rating product.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. Long-term, this position can be remote and may include travel to Eden Prairie, MN.
- Work closely with our operations teams and customers to develop the product strategy for a unified rating product to buy and sell for all the transportation modes and services
- Ensure upstream and downstream impact to other functions such as quoting, and booking are considered from a business process and technical architecture standpoint
- Act as a bridge between the various technology teams and the business division teams to develop an implementation roadmap for the product
- Lead the customer-centric focus and risk mitigation in collaboration with the different teams to drive its successful execution and rollout
- Build relationships inside our technology organization, with business stakeholders, and customers
- Be the subject matter expert of your domain and user base and are proficient across adjacent domains
- Proactively drive the quality of services and propose innovative solutions to advance business and technology strategy and value
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Minimum 8 years of combined technical product management and industry experience
- Experience reading and writing analytical queries using SQL, PowerBI, etc., to support research and analysis
- Experience shipping multiple releases of large scale, commercial grade software
- Minimum 4 years of experience delivering projects using agile and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience leading teams (directly or indirectly) to connect technology projects with business growth and value
- Understanding of quoting, rating, and pricing of transportation services
- Business and technical knowledge of systems that support logistics, supply chain, manufacturing, or inventory management
- Results driven with an understanding of how to evaluate, deliver, and validate business value
- Experience bringing new product features to the global market and supporting in-market products through the following activities: market analysis, MVP's, go-to-market strategy, iterating based on feedback, pricing, and testing
- Executive level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to assess audiences and adjust content, style, and approach to meet their needs
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas and opportunities with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback and coaching others to do the same
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.